Old Socket A Motherboard Lying Around??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

Well I came across a really old Athlon XP 1600+ with a dead motherboard. Im trying to get it working so I can give it to my sister because she has no computer. Anyway, I know long its an incredibly long shot, but if anyone has a Socket A board that supports at least 133FSB and DDR RAM with no use for it, Id love to take it off your hands. Please let it be working too because I seriously cant afford to pay to ship a dead board =).

Thanks all.

unbelieveable.

Last week I smashed one with an axe. A full system with a bad HD. Sat there for like two years and I was doing some spring cleaning.. decided to take a little break and have fun. So me and the wife beat/chopped the everloving hell out of it with a 5lb? axe.

You couldnt have posted a week ago? lol.

p.s. I pulled the HD before we smashed it. Hooked it up to my new machine. Turns out the HD was fine but had like 30 viruses on it. Cleaned it up and now have a worthless 15g HD laying around. Too fun.

ah crap.. i just came across the cpu this friday out of "luck." i bought a cheap tower for 10 because my "mod" turned my old case into something with tons of squangular holes. it happened to include a dead board, but working cpu.

anyway, thanks for the envy/damn/what if post. haha.

anyone else?

i got a 900 mhz motherboard with 256mb SDRAM, 850mhz AMD Duron processor with fan that i got lying around. the motherboard supports both SD and DDR ram. it works as far as i can remember. i will let it go uber cheap if you are interested. lemme know

Back