OMFG!!!! I GIVE THE HELL UP!!!!!&#

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondatuner88

Soooo...I took out the honda today after getting the brakes done (sat for 3 days due to fucked up weather) It ran soooo good untill the temp gauge started to go up and landed at half way...After that the 1st stoplight I came to it was missing and spuddering like hell untill it past 2 grand then its all fine untill it goes back down to idle...It idles really low too...under a grand...Its really starting to piss me off and I NEED MY CAR FOR NEXT WEEK!!! I just put new plugs and wires on it...maybe its a coil? :shrug2: or a mapsensor?? I REALLY NEED SOME KINDA DIRECTION SO I CAN GET MY ASS INTO GEAR...Thanks ppl

I don't remember how to test if it's working "properly", it's been a while.

Someone will comment.

Yeah..sorry I forgot to list that...Im going insane I think...Its CODE 5..Not sure what that is but yeah...I jumped the service conector and blinked 5 times then paused...sorry about that...anyone???

5 Short times? Or were there any long blinks?

If so....
5- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
85-98 * 86-98 97-98 85-91 93-97 96-98 85-98
MAP Sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure)
mechanical problem / disconnected piping
* exc 94-95

Reference Section.....

Then your map sensor is fried.
I have one for you, if you are obd1, which 94vx, you would be. It's the sensor mounted under the throttle body.

Mines on top of my throttle body with 2 screws..how much you asking for it?? Would it cause my car to run fucked up when its warm??

FIRST OFF check the connection ive seen the connector come loose if you have a strut tower brace running across the top of your engine bay. when the engine moves from the load on it. blah blah it can hit the bar and pop the connector off.

you CAN test the map sensor but you need a multimeter. it has 3 wires going to it. 1 of them is ground. 1 of them is a power wire which MUST HAVE 5 volts sitting at the sensor. the other wire is the signal back to the computer. the simplest way to explain how it works is the computer sends 5 volts to it. depending on your engine load it sends an amount of voltage back to the computer, lets say 4.5 volts. and it calculates the difference and recognizes how much of a load is on your engine.

you should ahve about 2-2.5 volts on teh signal wire at idle and at wide open throttle (WOT) it should be anywhere from 4.5-5 volts (but it hardly ever sends exactly 5 volts back to the computer because there is some voltage drop inside the sensor due to resistance.)

just use a multimeter, set it to DC volts, turn the key on, engine off. and see which wire at the connector has 5 volts at it. plug the connector in, start the engine., back probe the wires with a paper clip and one wire will have no volts at it the other should have roughly 2.5 volts. (if its working) then give the throttle valve a snap to WOT and you should see the voltage go up on your multimeter.

if you get no voltage change BUT you have a 5 volt reference at the one wire, your map is bad.

but if you do not even have 5volts on one wire then it depends how compitent you are with wiring. cause now youve either got a problem with the computer. or a broken wire.

sorry i cant remember what colour is what, but you can still figure out what wire does what by what ive told you!

if you dont have a fucking clue about what i just typed. thats why this world has mechanics! :)

good luck!

Thankgod someone knows there shit on hondaswap!!! I'll tell yous how it goes...really...thanks again :worthy:

Yeah..sorry I forgot to list that...Im going insane I think...Its CODE 5..Not sure what that is but yeah...I jumped the service conector and blinked 5 times then paused...sorry about that...anyone???

it amazes me when people come on here with a car running incorrectly, and then we find out they have a CEL...
jesus, its there for a reason, and there's write up on here and anywhere via google that explains how to get the codes and what they mean...

not trying to pick on you, just stating a fact...

and it might be cheaper to get one from a junkyard...

I just went out and checked out my car...this is what I got...

Car on - not running: (connector off the mapsensor)

White to green: 3.60 volts

Yellow/Red to green 5.07 volts

Car RUNNING: (connected) Backstabing the wires from the connector...

White to green: 0 volts!!

Yellow/Red to green: 0 volts!!

Somethings not right...

The wire colors are:

white

green

yellow/red

Also VTECPOWER....How much for your map shipped to my door?? Thanks buddy!!!

try unplugging the connector and plugging it back in with the car running...

if it changes nothing its fucked...

and i think you're not backstabbing properly to get 0 and 0

if i unplug the connector and plug it back it the motor does surge and idle does rasie and drop...so that means that its good or bad?

DelSlo....you said back probe the wires with a paper clip?? Which wires??

Back