OMFG MY CAR IS DONE!! WOOOOOHOOO!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

Hey boys and girls, i just started the car up for the 1st time in a month today. she purrrrs like a kitten. ON StERIOUDS, the idle is nuts, from like 1000-500, but normally around 800. for those who didnt know, i just finished installing a act clutch and pressure plate, 13 lb flywheel, crower 403 and titanium springs and retainers. with a 20 thou milled head and a 2 layer head gasket. i only have 1 bolt holding my exhaust manifold to my downpipe, cause 2 bolts are stripped, *damnit* so i gotta get a new 1, and my thermostat is leaking so i gotta get a new 1. but other than that she runs great:) but the exhaust is leaking like a mofo, so its cool cause u get all light headed if the windows and sunroof arent down. anyway boys, i gotta go drive and break in the clutch/cams. PEACE!

From your avitar, your car looks nice - post up some pictures.

Psst - put a GSR head on your ls block! this guy i know has that in his gutted CRX, and it spanked my car real good.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 23 2003, 11:32 AM
Psst - put a GSR head on your ls block! this guy i know has that in his gutted CRX, and it spanked my car real good.

s3f6f68753a995.jpg

sleeper: I expect MUCH more detail when you get back. What, did you just start it up, then run inside and make a post? How does it run? Is it fast? What do you think of the cams? I want to know since my boy is very close to the same setup.... Enjoy mang.

well, i finally went over every nut and bolt ( with my friend that knows everything, and helped me tuns with the install of the clutch and cams) then we turned it on, so much smoke was burnign off, but it was just where i dripped oil on the manifold :D so my mom runs out, OMG WHAT HAPPENED, we are like ITS BLOWNING UP, so she freaked out, and we just laughed. we turned it on, let it run for about 5 mins at 2000 RPM. shut it down, checked everything over to check for leaks or bad things. started it up, ran it at 2500 RPM for 5 mins, checked it again. then started it up and let it run for 15-20 mins at about 2300 RPM to see if it would overheat or anything, it was fine. so we lowered it, and drove around the block once ( i didnt have my plates on yet) then my friend went home and i went to get my girl. the problem is, im breaking my clutch it at the same time as my cams... so i wont be able to give a real good esimate of the power until about 1000km's. i had it up to 4000 and about half way down, and i was put back almost as much as the old engine at WOT so i think it will be quick. ALSO if u people didnt notice, i just spent 1300 Canadian on Cams, so y the fuck you i take all that out and put on a vtec head? ill keep ya'll posted tho. i gotta go get a new manifold my studs are fucked and 1 bolt is holding it on. and the fumes are killer. oo also, another good rule of thumb to break in cams. is every day take it up another 800 or so RPM. start at 3000-3500, and everyday add 800 RPM to that. so the 2nd day it can do to like 4300, then 5100, then 5900, and so on up to about 7000RPM when u can just drive it normally. hope this helps sohc.

FUCK :cliffs:

Go sleeper...it's your birthday. :lol:

Congrats man. Get to the track asap...I wanna see a time slip with no higher than a 13 stamped on it. :p

i got a new manifold, it wont run 13's YET, try mid 14's. im hoping after the ECU and header to get it a lil lower, maybe sum slicks for 13's:)

well, i finally got the cams broken in ( the clutch is still on its way so no power shifting) but today it had its 1st trip up to 7200RPM, and FUCK can it haul, 2nd and 3rd are amazing, the push puts u in ur seat and finally ends when u shift into 4th which still has alot more balls than stock, i love these things:), cant wait to get it to the track, hopefully ill have it there next friday... but i might not cause it is my and my girlfriend ( of 21 months) bday... so <_< ... but ill keep ya'll posted

Happy Birthday. it's my girlfriends b-day today too. :blink: And did you say it's yours AND hers???? I guess that makes exchanging presents easy... :lol:

Edit: never mind... I need to stop skimming peoples posts.... :slap:

Back