one ctr intake cam

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allgo

i was planning to use it on a b16 head. ctr intake cam and gsr exhaust. will it still make good power??? would the time be good?? i need to know a lot of info on this. i been searching and found that it was ok to do but i need some more info from people now.

That should work just fine. The USDM Type R Teg uses a Type R intake cam and the exahaust GSR cam from the factory. Good luck

No it doesn't. Don't spread misinformation. The USDM ITR uses the INTEGRA Type R intake and exhaust cams. The GSR one is considerably less agressive. For model years 00-01, the ITR had the same intake cam as the CTR.

GSR and ITR exhaust have the same lift, but the GSR has a longer duration.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Apr 15 2004, 01:10 PM
Hmm... I did not know that. Me = asshat, I guess. Still, they are different. :p

Granted, this is just based on the cam guide at the top of the page.

so, the b16, gsr , and itr exh. cam are just about the same?? yea, im confused. i thought that the gsr are less aggressive than the itr so is it the same or better?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 15 2004, 03:37 PM
B16A > GSR > ITR, not by a ton, but the specs are different.

uhh, you got that backwards dude... lol
B16A < GSR < ITR

and you must note that those duration specs are different on that cam spec page... for ITR and CTR they measure the duration at 1mm of lift, for the spec on the gsr and b16a2 they measure it at 0mm of lift.

and the GSR exhaust cam does NOT have more duration than the R cam..

here is the specs measured at 0mm of lift, for all 3

Specs from Civic Si Int-265 mid Exh-267 mid
Specs from GSR Int-274 mid Exh-276 mid
Specs from Civic Type R (JDM Spec) Int-278 mid Exh-280 mid

taken from http://www.crower.com/cat/import/honda/camshafts.shtml

this is just to clear things up in this post.

QUOTE (92b16vx @ Apr 15 2004, 03:37 PM)
B16A > GSR > ITR, not by a ton, but the specs are different. 

uhh, you got that backwards dude... lol
B16A < GSR < ITR

Haha, opps, math was never my strong suit.

CTR (measured at 1mm of lift)
Int-243 dur. / 11.5mm lift
Exh-235 dur. / 10.5mm lift

GSR (measured at 0mm of lift)
Int-274 dur. / 10.7mm lift
Exh-276 dur. / 9.6mm lift

This is what I was going by, as listed in the B series cam guide. So I guess if they were measuring from 1mm past the beginning of the duration that would be about 17.5 degrees into the duration?

its measured when the valve is open by 1mm, depending on ramp angle that could be a lot or a little duration. so they measure its duration so long as the lift is >= 1mm, whereas the other one is measured as soon as there is any kind of lift.

If you could get the CTR cam for cheap I would get it. It does make a difference not alot but it works. I have CTR cams on my b18c1. Not the best but it helps. I would personally save up and buy some skunk2 or toda

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 15 2004, 07:08 AM
GSR and ITR exhaust have the same lift, but the GSR has a longer duration.

is it the long duration that makes the gsr cams good for turbo applications?

Back