one more for you guys...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
Ok, bought my relocation kit from greddy for my ls/vtec build. Anyhow, my question now is:

How long of a feeder line can i use to get to my block? is their a maximum distance from the oil filter relocation kit to the block that I have to abide by? basicly, will a 2-3 foot extention effect the oil intake to the motor where it might have the chance of starving? I have a certain place that I would like to mount the filter, but then i have to use like a 3 foot line to get back to the block.

matt

just be sure to use high quality hoses. preferrably steel braided so that they will not rupture, get damaged.

Originally posted by DTEC@Feb 5 2004, 12:55 PM
just be sure to use high quality hoses. preferrably steel braided so that they will not rupture, get damaged.

I planned on it. I believe in doing it right the first time. Thats why I build everything. I hate seeing cheap, shoty work. Anyhow, thanks. But the distance between the 2 doesn;t matter?

matt

i dont think the pressure will drop enough across the tubing to worry about it. where do you plan on mounting it?

Ef chassis(even though most hondas are the same when it come to the location), on the front drivers side corner where the oil canister for the AC used to be. there is a hugh hole for all the plumbing. I want to drop in straight down that and mount the filter vertical right outside the engine bay on the frame pointing the filter straight down. 2 advantages to this. 1. no F'n mess, just reach under the front fender and...wallah filters off no mess. and 2. get cold air shot right at it when you drive via the air ducts in the front bumper=cooler oil.

matt

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of it, but I'm sure a lot of people don't. I'm just trying to make my ride the most efficent(espicially for the track) easy tear down/fix situation if need be. I was thinking of an oil cooler also.

matt

Back