One of those DUH moments with a PCV valve

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rasputin

Ok I built a decent NA motor a few weeks back and it was blew 2 quarts on my way home about 30 miles out the exhaust.

Link to the build and aftermath of my car: https://hondaswap.com/auto-multi-media/project-civic-poor-mans-type-r-56k-warning-87340/

Well I'm still in the process of cleaning up the engine again and I found a part today still wrapped in Honda packaging. After my quick WTF moment I come to the conclusion maybe this was one of my major problems.

Pic of the part I just put on today:
Picture112.jpg

Pic of what I was using (btw this thing is hollow):
Picture113.jpg

So I'm wondering is this the reason there is a half a quart of oil hanging out in my intake manifold, and the rest found its way through my combustion chamber and out my exhaust? If not I'm still on a search to find out why the damn thing ingested all my oil.

PCV valves certainly arent supposed to be hollow, but all they do is prevent backwards flow. So, you have another problem. You sure those two hoses are hooked up correctly, and not switched? PCV and the other? That could cause problems.

Back