Only one wheel turns

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eyesonlybob

ok, i have a 96 gsr

i bottomed out on something the other night and after that i was hearing noises like metal was rubbing on something.

only happened when i was moving weather or not the clutch was in or if i was shifting or not.

so i jacked the car up yesterday. put the car on jackstands. took the wheels off.

it sounded like it was comming from my driver side rotor. so i looked at that first. and what do you know, the dust cover was hitting the rotor. so that problem is fixed.

but since the car was jacked up, i turned the car on and let the clutch out in first gear.
the passenger side wheel was spinning, but the driverside wheel was moving like the second hand on a clock. one click at a time. of course if i went through the gears, it would move. but i was curious why it does this.

Don't worry about it, it's normal. every front wheel car will do that if it does not have a limited slip differential. the wheel on the right side is closer to the tranny and it is therefore easier for it to turn. if you stop that wheel the other will turn. most of the time the left side will turn too but alot slower.

Because you don't have a limited slip differential. Not many honda trannies come with them from the factory but many people add them to get better traction.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Aug 18 2003, 05:45 PM
Every time I fuck around with LSD all I do is run around naked babbling about fruit!!!

:ditto: :lol:

I put LSD in my 5 speed once, it kept saying "I'm an automatic, I'm an automatic". Then it had a conversation with my clutch....

Back