1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only one wheel turns

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by eyesonlybob, Aug 18, 2003.

1. eyesonlybob

eyesonlybob Senior Member

ok, i have a 96 gsr

i bottomed out on something the other night and after that i was hearing noises like metal was rubbing on something.

only happened when i was moving weather or not the clutch was in or if i was shifting or not.

so i jacked the car up yesterday. put the car on jackstands. took the wheels off.

it sounded like it was comming from my driver side rotor. so i looked at that first. and what do you know, the dust cover was hitting the rotor. so that problem is fixed.

but since the car was jacked up, i turned the car on and let the clutch out in first gear.
    the passenger side wheel was spinning, but the driverside wheel was moving like the second hand on a clock. one click at a time. of course if i went through the gears, it would move. but i was curious why it does this.

2. crossedflags78

crossedflags78 Junior Member

Don't worry about it, it's normal. every front wheel car will do that if it does not have a limited slip differential. the wheel on the right side is closer to the tranny and it is therefore easier for it to turn. if you stop that wheel the other will turn. most of the time the left side will turn too but alot slower.

3. KyleCrews

KyleCrews Senior Member

Because you don't have a limited slip differential. Not many honda trannies come with them from the factory but many people add them to get better traction.

4. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

:werd: No limited slip for you!

5. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

Every time I fuck around with LSD all I do is run around naked babbling about fruit!!!

6. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

:ditto: :lol:

I put LSD in my 5 speed once, it kept saying "I'm an automatic, I'm an automatic". Then it had a conversation with my clutch....

7. eyesonlybob

eyesonlybob Senior Member

8. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

welcome to the great world of no traction fwd's,,,,,

Milan

9. tedwright

tedwright Senior Member

:worthy: lol thanks for my new signature!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted