Only people who hustle need read this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
o.k. i thought of an idea.

what if i was to get my re-sale license....goto my local board of equalization, pay the 60.00 and get my tax #.

are there places out there that only cater wholesale (people with resale license #'s) that DONT require a HUGE ass buy in?

i want to buy lots (not "alot" but a "lot") of items, then turn around and sell them...

can anyone reccomend a good website or actual place of business?

i really want to research this idea in depth and see whether or not it is feasible...

im not talking about starting my own brick and mortar busines....nor internet site...

i just want to be able to shell out a few hundred or thousand bucks on one "hit" make my cash and move onto something else....

ERGO: i used the word "hustler" in the title, because that is the meaning of the word...

anyone ever done this? good or bad experiences?

i got a hookup where i can sell almost anything fast at a reasonable price...
but i just need merchandise

LEGAL merchandise...NOT stolen or anything immoral.

im talking clothes, shoes, electronics shit like that....
used, refurbished whatever

can you guys give me your thoughts on this?

again, this is not a get rich quick scheme....rather it is a way for me to avoid having to work while im still in school......

i would call up some wholesale distributors of the stuff you would like to sell and see if they have minimum order requirements. the place we buy our supplies from have no minimum. i could start my own retail sign supply business if i wanted to...and just order shit when i needed it.

then you just need a resale number (tax ID#) from the state (i think) so you can buy stuff wholesale.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jul 23 2003, 05:46 PM
i would call up some wholesale distributors of the stuff you would like to sell and see if they have minimum order requirements. the place we buy our supplies from have no minimum. i could start my own retail sign supply business if i wanted to...and just order shit when i needed it.

then you just need a resale number (tax ID#) from the state (i think) so you can buy stuff wholesale.

are you a sign painter???????????????

if so, i did that for two years back when i was 18/19....

they are a dying breed sign painters are.....

if you know whats up, you know exactly what im talking bout.

can you give me a few pointers on how to research places that do sell wholesale?
like where can i go to find out who sells what where?

IF U WANT PERFORMANCE PARTS
IT COST 3000 AT THE LEAST TO BUY IN ,BUT AFTERWARDS U CAN BUY AS LITTLE AS U WANT
JUST USE UR CREDIT CARD 4 BUY IN (U DON T HAVE TO GET ALL 3K OFF STUFF RIGHT AWAY)THEY CAN GIVE U STORE CREDIT]

BUT U HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST A SMALL SHOP TO DISPAY PARTS
AND A BUSINESS CARD SHOWING UR SHOP

THERE R ALOT OF BIG DIST. IN SOUTHERN CALI.

no, i only do vinyl graphics. yea, sign painters are rare these days. i would look in the yellow pages for local distributors. like if u want to sell car stereo, check under "car stereo" and see if there are any wholesale businesses or distributors listed.

oh i forgot you are in socal. you can call aftermarket part companies directly. maybe they will tell you where to contact a distributor.

as far as clothing and stuff goes Lee,Levi,Nike.....all offer special deals on bulk because it cuts down on what they have to send to outlet stores w/make very little on the whole,most big company's will have a sales rep that handles this stuff exclusively and by calling the local store you can probably get those #'s if not you have the internet.pretty much anybody that has overstock or low sales will sell a chunk just to keep things running normal and avoid unwanted storage and shipping costs.the factory outlets can also be a good place to haggle w/the manager as they usually set the prices anyway and love to move merchandise quick.

i just thought of a big distributor of performance stuff..options auto salon. they are the largest distributor of import performance in the nation and they are right here in city of industry, ca. all you really need to do business with a wholesaler/distributor is a reseller's permit (a.k.a. tax ID#). if you have a reseller's permit, they should have no problem selling to you at wholesale costs. those $thousand dollar minimums probably pertain to orders placed directly with the manufacturer. distributors and wholesalers probably do not have big minimums..if any.

you need to go to salvage actions ie train derals next thing you now there is a lot of 1000 dvd players for 2500 you buy then sell

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 23 2003, 10:52 PM
you need to go to salvage actions ie train derals next thing you now there is a lot of 1000 dvd players for 2500 you buy then sell

these "salvage auctions" you talk about...

just what exactly are they all about, how do i get into one...and what kind of deals can i expect...

i need either used or refurbished shit at low low cost....

mostly clothes and electronics....

i have an untapped market for this shit but i only come acrost the good stuff once in a while.....like im allready doing the "business" part, and have made several hundred dollars....but i know the market im in can handle ALOT more. i just need to get my little hands on anything and everything at low low cost.

supply and demand. the demand is there, and so is the supply to a point....but i want to take it to the next level. thats why i was thinking of getting my resale license #

and i do apologize if im talking all "cryptic-like" i just found a few good places where i live where i can pick up clothes and electronics for cheap and sell them expensive.....but i want more. and the place im going to right now, only carries so much of the "good stuff"

this is all legal. i just found a really good place to buy shit cheap.

Originally posted by karnash+Jul 24 2003, 12:51 AM-->
hcivic.com
@Jul 23 2003, 10:52 PM

these "salvage auctions" you talk about...

just what exactly are they all about, how do i get into one...and what kind of deals can i expect...

i need either used or refurbished shit at low low cost....

mostly clothes and electronics....

i have an untapped market for this shit but i only come acrost the good stuff once in a while.....like im allready doing the "business" part, and have made several hundred dollars....but i know the market im in can handle ALOT more. i just need to get my little hands on anything and everything at low low cost.

supply and demand. the demand is there, and so is the supply to a point....but i want to take it to the next level. thats why i was thinking of getting my resale license #

and i do apologize if im talking all "cryptic-like" i just found a few good places where i live where i can pick up clothes and electronics for cheap and sell them expensive.....but i want more. and the place im going to right now, only carries so much of the "good stuff"

this is all legal. i just found a really good place to buy shit cheap.

States hold auctions, just like auto auctions. If you go to those you can find some good stuff and you can find some crap.

Originally posted by drewgrew@Jul 24 2003, 01:53 PM
sell weed, its not immoral. you can triple your money. and the "buy in" is what ever you can afford.

:beat: :newbie:

to get into the state auctions you will need to show some info[varies by state]but you can find them in the paper,law says they halft to list the auction at least once
somewhere public.your county clerk might be a good resource for listings.they can be good and bad...a charity org. here in Iowa buy's non-claimed lots from customs and ports and they get some super deals but also pay like crazy for what turns out to be a box of pencils or some crap.I think u-haul still sells unclaimed storage sheds and that can be a goldmine also but you are buying something you cant look at.good luck

Back