Oopsss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
This photo is from a group ride yesterday (Sunday). A bunch of friends
from Springfield, MO went for a group ride in northern Arkansas. Great
roads, great weather, great day for a ride. Unfortunately an unknown
'new kid' on a 600RR joined the ride, with a a horrible ego/skill ratio.
The guys were afraid to mention it to him, out of politeness I guess.

They should have. His riding ended up causing tens of thousands in
damage, probably hundreds of thousands in medical, and only by the grace
of God was no one killed. BARELY.

This is a shot taken at the scene of the accident, mere seconds after
the crash. 'Bo' (lower left corner, *UNDER* the truck), is the new CBR
600RR rider that overcooked the corner and proceeded to lowside and
wedge himself *under* the Chevy.

The older white Ford in the photo veered into the oncoming lane to go
around the wreck, decided against it, and started backing down the hill.
This is where Jason (Duc rider, Springfield Police Officer) met the
truck, 1/2 way around the corner. Jason jumped from the bike just
before impact, and ended up with his head/shoulder through the
windshield. Paul (following behind Jason) hit the old Ford as well,
though didn't sustain as much damage.

Luckily the other riders knew enough not to move ANYONE, so they left
Bo under the truck, and Jason on the hood. Bo might lose his right arm;
the doctors haven't decided yet. Jason was conscious the whole time,
but understood not to move. Good thing. He's got a fractured C7
vertabra (I think the same thing that happened to Christopeher Reeves).

So...next time you think it's rude or impolite to tell that 'over his
head' rider to cool down or screw off, think of this.

http://webpages.charter.net/rlaughlinjr/layout.jpg

God damnit jeffie, all these bike posts you have been making are scaring the shit out of me.

Stop posting this shit or your going to make me sell my bike. lol :p

Originally posted by dveit@Jun 15 2004, 08:06 PM
God damnit jeffie, all these bike posts you have been making are scaring the shit out of me.

Stop posting this shit or your going to make me sell my bike. lol :p

Dude you should never not be scared when riding a bike as soon as you feel like eh this is a piece of cake... thats when WAMMMM you die

When I was on the police ride along I asked the cop if he ever loses the "rush" when he gets a call he said after awhile it wears off some but he always tries to keep some of it becuase thats the only thing that keeps you alive if shit goes down.

as soon as you feel like it's just another call thats when someone shoots you.

i never got into bikes, i dont really see the attraction of being able to reach speeds of 160mph with nothing around you, cept your helmet. sure youll die in a car either way if an accident were to happen, but for some reason, i feel safer with something around me...

Holy shit! :blink: That's horrible! And yes, they are very lucky to be alive.

Thinking about that makes me very nervous b/c of 2 things:
1) I can't count the number of times this season alone my man says to me after a night of riding "They can't ride for shit. They're too inexperienced." I can vouch for this after riding w/ them a couple of weeks ago... some of the people we rode with made me very nervous. Even I could tell who was a new rider out of the group!

2) My boyfriend now says he doesn't care if he wrecks his bike, which unfortunately makes him fearless & stupid. "Everyone goes down some time." The idea of him not giving a shit makes me extremely nervous & I've said it before but, when he's in the hospital for wrecking his bike, I'll be in the bed next to him with a heart attack.

Originally posted by SasSi@Jun 15 2004, 10:08 PM
I've said it before but, when he's in the hospital for wrecking his bike,

We should be out eating at Ruth Chris

see thats gives him more reason to NOT wreck =)

well, to anyone considering to get a bike... DON'T

another person died lastnight around me due to a head on...
bike vs. car

reminds me why i gave bikes up a couple years ago...

To anyone that wants a bike, get one. Just being bike accidents are more deadly, doesn't mean it is more dangerous. Most of the people that get in the accidents anyway, are inexperienced as Jeffie said. If you start off on a smaller bike, keep riding for at least 6 months get comfortable enough to move to more power you will be fine. The accidents are either inexperience or recklessness. Granted, there is a risk of being rear-ended at a light, but the odds of that are pretty slim.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Jun 16 2004, 01:56 PM
To anyone that wants a bike, get one. Just being bike accidents are more deadly, doesn't mean it is more dangerous. Most of the people that get in the accidents anyway, are inexperienced as Jeffie said. If you start off on a smaller bike, keep riding for at least 6 months get comfortable enough to move to more power you will be fine. The accidents are either inexperience or recklessness. Granted, there is a risk of being rear-ended at a light, but the odds of that are pretty slim.

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jun 15 2004, 07:01 PM
i never got into bikes, i dont really see the attraction of being able to reach speeds of 160mph with nothing around you, cept your helmet. sure youll die in a car either way if an accident were to happen, but for some reason, i feel safer with something around me...

:concur:

I feel much safer knownig I have the frame of the car all around me and a seat belt holding me in. :)

One question: Why is everyone looking out for the one guy who is standing and okay, while there is no one around the guy under the truck or the guy in the windshield. Shouldn't someone be looking after them?

that pic really sucks too, may 9 one of my best friends slid out on a corner and ended up under a truck. He died instantly.

s40d0a1b968fd1.jpg

Granted, there is a risk of being rear-ended at a light, but the odds of that are pretty slim.

this is what you minimize the risk to?
are you slow?

what about when you come around a corner and a bus is stopped?
or you come around a corner and a tractor trailer is across the whole road?
or grandma doesn't see you and pulls out in front of you?
or someone runs a stop sign and ends your life?
or you hit a turtle and walk with a limp the rest of your life?
or you slide on a small rock, or a wet leaf?

thats all it takes and you're a dead man...

my advice is to stay away from them... i rode for years, had a bike license before i had a permit for a car... seen and experienced way too many close calls...

i got lucky and never dumped REAL bad, and i'm not disfigured for life...

can't keep people from riding, but please, fill out the organ donor card before you ride so someone can make use of your organs when you kill yourself...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 16 2004, 03:18 PM
Granted, there is a risk of being rear-ended at a light, but the odds of that are pretty slim.

this is what you minimize the risk to?
are you slow?

what about when you come around a corner and a bus is stopped?
or you come around a corner and a tractor trailer is across the whole road?
or grandma doesn't see you and pulls out in front of you?
or someone runs a stop sign and ends your life?
or you hit a turtle and walk with a limp the rest of your life?
or you slide on a small rock, or a wet leaf?

thats all it takes and you're a dead man...

my advice is to stay away from them... i rode for years, had a bike license before i had a permit for a car... seen and experienced way too many close calls...

i got lucky and never dumped REAL bad, and i'm not disfigured for life...

can't keep people from riding, but please, fill out the organ donor card before you ride so someone can make use of your organs when you kill yourself...

Most people I know who ride have been riding most of their life and have been down more times then they like to share. However, they still ride!

Im working on being a cop. Did you know 1 cop is killed every 66 hours?

Hmmmmm, Maybe I should look else where for a job.

Some people are willing to take the risk and some are not.
You happen to be one of the people who are not.

No matter what you do, bikes will always be dangerous, there is no way to avoid it.
I do agree that if you ride bikes please check the doner box when you get your DL.

Back