1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Wire?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by CB7 Fanatic, Sep 12, 2009.

1. CB7 Fanatic

CB7 Fanatic New Member

I don't drive my Accord much, but lately, it seemed that the battery was dying real fast. My bumper lights stopped working after I did my wire tuck. Now that I finally got around to trying to fix that, I found that the bumper lights are getting a constant 12 volts. The wires seem to be connected properly. How do I find the open wire? Thanks.

2. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

An open wire wouldn't cause a constant 12v source. Open means that the circuit is now incomplete. You have a short to power somewhere. The easiest way to find it is to use an ahmmeter on the battery. Find the fuse/fuses that control and/or are part of the fog light circuit. Start pulling out fuses and see which fuse makes current flow stop. Then you can go from there.

Go get a print out of a wiring diagram first because there are a lot of things in the car that are wired in parallel so you need to know if the fogs get it's main power source from another circuit.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted