Opinion on DC Sports headers???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

El Nagro

Hey, What is everyone's thoughts on dc sport headers?? I thought that they were pritty good but a friend of mine is disagreeing with me and saying that greddy is the way to go. What does everyone think? what kind of numbers do greddy and dc sport headers make are they comparable i know it has alot to do with the engine type and what is all done to it but in general what make more power???

Thx for the help

Joe

They are both the same for the most part. GET the cheaper of the two, or the brand you prefer. Thats the only good way to make a choice between the two.

I have an issue of Import Tuner where they did a header test. I can't remember what month or year it's from but I think the header that made the most power was the JDM DC Sport header. (I think that's what it was called)

Im running the Dc Jdm 4-1. Nice piece imo. Butt dyno says it made power, but if your only looking to spend around $300 go with the dc, or for a bit more get the real jdm itr with skid plate.

id fork out the money for ITR header....I sort of did.....I forked it out for powercore jdm 4-1. now I need skidplate, and I need to reweld my pipe, my weld on top didnt come out too well....I couldnt get the handpiece of the welder up in there. Oh well, exhaust leak=better flow...lol

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Apr 21 2004, 06:02 PM
I have an issue of Import Tuner where they did a header test. I can't remember what month or year it's from but I think the header that made the most power was the JDM DC Sport header. (I think that's what it was called)

reason #40928503985 why those magazines suck. The only way to find a DC sport header making he most power is if every other one has been bottomed out 09435803 times.

One of my freinds has an ITR. over the stock cast iron manifold, other then loosing a decent amount of weight only gained 1 whp, and was tuned before and after.

DC sport makes maybe one up from a show header.

If you have a D-series, get a Bisimoto header.

If you have a b-series, get a Honda JDM ITR 4-1 header, hytech, headertech, AN-R, Toda, Jun, ect.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 21 2004, 08:16 PM
DC sport makes maybe one up from a show header.

If you have a D-series, get a Bisimoto header.

If you have a b-series, get a Honda JDM ITR 4-1 header, hytech, headertech, AN-R, Toda, Jun, ect.

The DC JDM 4-1 is far better than the JDM ITR 4-1.

If you look at the JDM ITR, not only is it not a true 2.5" collector (because they use thicker gauge steel), the collector design is abhorid, and the primaries are tiny.

I would say that all the DC headers other than the JDM 4-1 are junk, but the DC JDM 4-1 is a nice bang for the buck.

the DC 4-1 from the jdm is a great header for the money. $300 and it stays damn close to other headers, some of which cost another $1000, and only give about +6 whp. not worth it in my opinion. i'll spend $300 on a header, and $0 on some weight reduction instead.

the great header test

definately for the dollar per hp gained the you can't go wrong with the jdm ITR 4-1. And with a built motor an smsp will give you gains over 15hp to the wheels.....

Originally posted by greenteg2k00@Apr 25 2004, 12:43 AM
DC Sports JDM 4-1
will this bolt on a 2000 gsr no problem

it will bolt onto the engine, but not your cat. you will need to modify its input diameter since its too small (header=2.5" cat=2") or get a bigger aftermarket cat. you might also have to modify the cat for length too...maybe.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Apr 25 2004, 12:05 AM-->
greenteg2k00
@Apr 25 2004, 12:43 AM
DC Sports JDM 4-1
will this bolt on a 2000 gsr no problem

it will bolt onto the engine, but not your cat. you will need to modify its input diameter since its too small (header=2.5" cat=2") or get a bigger aftermarket cat. you might also have to modify the cat for length too...maybe.

im planning on gettin powercore high flow cat or carsound cat, but i have greddy sp catback 2.36 piping will that be ok with the hi flow cat and dc sports jdm 4-1 header

Back