Opinions on my tires.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
When I bought the Si it came with Yokohama YK420 195/55r15 84Hs.

What are some of your opinions on Yokohamas... I'm not a guru and I've never really thought about it before, but they seem to me to be a really good tire. I do think I found the cornering limit at 75 mph on a sweeping (i'd say 60 degree) corner on a darkly lit backroad last night...doing anything over 75 and I could feel the tires breaking traction and the steering wasn't as tight and controlled as below 75.

don't know, only tires I've really had were Kumho Ecstas, Falken Azenis and the cheap kind of rubber. Are you trying to decide if you want to purchase them again after the set you have wear out?

Yeah, basically. They're a good tire and they've been on the car since I got it...and that was 10 thousand miles ago...they seem to be wearing rather slowly even with all of the abuse I've handed them.

My brother was chirping them a bit today and cornering like mad with them. Even at 25 psi on all four corners the car handles extremely well and I like these tires, but I also wanted recomendations of other types of tires I should look at that are equal to/better than Yokohamas.

Edit: even if they're just good summer tires I'd like to check them out, I can always buy a good set of winter tires (want recommendations on those too) that I can get a second set of 00 Si rims and just swap back and forth every 6 months.

those are some bottom of the line yoko's. If you think they are great, you're not driving it hard enough :D

and fyi, those aren't stock tires. stock's were michellin something or others.

I say try some Azenis

I'm driving them pretty hard actually...for "cheap" they're holding up well. I figured they weren't top of the line 300/tire on there etc...what type Azenis?

how much would those run me? and they would fit on stock Si rims right?

yeah, they'll fit. Jeef has some on the gsr stocker alloys. 15x6 as well.

victoriatire.com has 'em for the best price

Awesome, thanks...I need to start bookmarking the links to these threads so i can come back later.

Thanks again

haha it's never too soon to start researching good performance winter tires too...might take me all summer to source them and a good set of 00 Si rims to permanently mount them on. :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 11 2004, 03:09 PM
victoriatire.com has 'em for the best price

ouch, $65 in shipping...

65 dollars in shipping? jeeeez.....they ship a entire engine swap for 150.(400lbs) tires are only like 25lbs. I think they are selling the tires real cheap, but are compensating for it in the shipping.

azenis's dont last too long, and they suck in the wet weather....thats the only thing I dont like about them.
i like my pirelli p6000's.
I used to get really good traction with the pep boys specials belive it or not.

Back