1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opinions on phearable

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by mntlkase, Aug 1, 2010.

1. mntlkase

mntlkase Local neighborhood prick!

Ive been looking into gettin myself a second ecu with a basic tune on it for that "just in case purpose". I got my eye on products from xenochron and phearable. Does anyone have any experience with either company? Opinions about them?

2. suspendedHatch

suspendedHatch audio/security

IMO anything short of the AEM EMS is a complete waste of time and money. OEM or AEM.

3. wikedeye

wikedeye Well-Known Member

I got my ecu chipped by phearable. The car runs fine. I havent gotten it tuned yet, but it is good for getting started. I cant really say much for their customer service though. I had to contact them to find out if they actually got it after I shipped it, and I had some questions that took a couple of days to get answered. All in all they are not too bad.

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

both companies are fine, but just know that a basemap IS just that- a basemap. it's meat to get you to a dyno.

5. mntlkase

mntlkase Local neighborhood prick!

Im very aware of that. I just want a SECOND ecu in case my hondata s300 craps out on me. Its happened once already and I was down till I got around to fixing it after havin it towed home from the track. The second one is just that. A "get me home" computer

6. EF9_boy

EF9_boy New Member

I've heard they do great work, but i horrible customer service. I have a buddy who has been trying to get a hold of them for the past 4 months..... so far all he's got is an apology email.

7. newb

newb phresh VIP

Didnt Matts96HB have Phearable do his base map? If I recall correctly the tune washed out his cylinders with gas.

Dont quote me on this, but Im pretty sure thats how it went.

8. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

change to something that doesn't rely on another daughter board.

crome or something.

then you won't have those issues.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted