1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on UTI?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Kracer427, May 15, 2004.

1. Kracer427

Kracer427 Senior Member

Planning on going to UTI in Ontario in the up coming months but damn, $23,100 for tuition? Anyone here have any experience with this campus. I would really like to go but just thought it would be nice to hear a few success stories from the board if i could. Pro's and Con's type of thing. Just trying to remind myself that it's worth the money....even though my mind wants to explode when it thinks about the options i could have with $23k and a shipping address. :idea: Thanks for your comments.....

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

i never heard of uti campus in canada, but i will be going to uti in awhile; probally houston or phoenix campus(i live about 3 hours from the uti nascar campus). my sister's friend went to uti for about a year, now works for porsche and makes mad money, but still drives a stock crx :blink: the wages start at around 50k a year(after finish school), i dont remember exactly.

i hear some places only take people that go to uti, so i guess its really good.

3. Kracer427

Kracer427 Senior Member

oops. Ontario, CA. :roll: sorry

4. dirt817

dirt817 Member

UTI wants $23,100 for tuition? Is that in US currency? I start Wyotech in july and it was less than that, and Wyotech is supposed to be #1.

5. Kracer427

Kracer427 Senior Member

yep, $23,100 US for the one year class (automotive tech 101). The dealership program afterwards is free though. So I was planning on signing on with BMW and you can get on the TRIP program where the dealership helps pay for the $23k too. Driving through the student parking lot was a trip in itself though, every car in the lot looked ratty but had all the cash in the engine, front mount intercoolers everywhere.

6. slohnda

slohnda Senior Member

i hope you get drafted, bizatch.

7. preluderjs

preluderjs Senior Member

I think I've heard some good things about it and I definitely plan on going to the one in rancho cucamunga (sp?) in about 5 or 6 years.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted