Optima Battery

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

obdtwointegra

whats the differince between a regular battery and an optima battery, whats the good and bad side?

I own 3 of them. One in each of my cars, because, frankly, they kick ass.

The are a gel cell, sealed casing, which means they can be installed in the interior without venting, and they can be mounted in ANY position, even up side down, if you so desire.

Also, they DO NOT corrode. At least none that I've used or seen.

a few customers at the shop i help out at have had an issue with the optima batteries
they can not be re charged once compleatly drained
so if you have a tendancy to leave the lights on or any shit like that its probly not a good idea to get one :)

I moved my battery to the trunk, and I had two batteries go out in 3 months from the bounciness of my stupid coilovers. I bought an optima gel-cell, and never had another problem, and it has been almost a year.

It depends what you want out of the optima. if you want solid performance go with a red top. Doing a big stereo, go yellow and blue is for marine. the blue are deep cycle batteries and not recommended for car use. Ive had a trunk mounted red top in my sol for almost two years. only thing that sucks is that they dont make one that will fit into the hole for 5th gen civics.

If you do a search I think I posted a long list of information relating to different batteries with their pics and weights. Give it a try......

Milan

Back