options when buying GC coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I know that GC uses all Eibach springs for their adjustable coilovers and I know that you can get custom spring rates from them but I was wondering if I could order a set of GC's for my civic that would have Eibach Prokit springs in them?
or would that be pointless as the Prokit is a lowering spring and they would just be further lowered by the coilovers?

I really like the feel of the Prokits and I have been in many different cars that have them, but I would also like to be able to have my car cornerweighted at somepoint in the future and/or adjust the height of the car for winter/summer

just thought I'd ask because I couldn't find any info on this on the GC website

Sean

the Prokits are a progressive rate spring so they don't really have a set spring rate, I allready tried contacting Eibach about that

Did you try contacting GC about it yet? They'd probably be able to help you with something, but useing a progressive on a coilover setup would be kind of strange...

yeah, I'm not really sure how the whole progressive rate thing would work with GC's but I know I like how the Prokits ride

the dual spring setup is basically the same as progressive rate, just a different way of achieving it

Why don't you just get the Prokit drop springs and nice set of shocks like KYB AGX or Tokico Illuminas?

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Dec 10 2003, 10:36 AM
Why don't you just get the Prokit drop springs and nice set of shocks like KYB AGX or Tokico Illuminas?

probably what I'll end up doing, but it would be nice to be able to cornerweight the car for auto-x next summer.... that's the main reason I am asking this

If you really really want to corner weight the car properly and have a perfect looking ride height, you need to get a full coilover setup that has independently adjustable length and spring preload. The Tein FLEX is a good choice for that.

I just ordered my Tein SS yesterday for my 89 Rex. I was considering GC's/ withn Tokico illuminas, but I couldn't pass up Brand new Teins for $750 out the do! I can't wait. :)

Back