Oredring OEM parts for a JDM d15B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
Alright, its been a couple of years since I have even dealt with a d series motor, but to make a long story short...my 92 CX hatch is getting a d15b thrown in until my GSR block is sleeved and the head is finished. Now I need to order a couple of OEM items (headgasket, IM gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, TB gasket, seals etc.) .......you get the picture. Now what USDM counterpart should I be ordering this from. I would say a d16z6, but its a 1.6l. not the 1,5, but I know this thing has a different IM size and TB size the say a CX or DX. someone shed some light so I can get my hatchie back on the road. thanks

matt

Also if I was going to throw a different IM on there (OEM...maybe a Y8) what the best upgrade between the factory D series if any?

they say Y8 intake mani flows the best...
dunno if it beats a D15 mani but everyone craves the Y8 so i would suggest that one

on the head gasket? i would check the bore between the D15 and D16Z6... i assume if the bores are the same that you can use that head gasket but you should def check to make sure...

i have never seen any odd ball d series exhaust gaskets, they all seem to match, and if a Y8 intake bolts on then i would use the Y8 gasket...

try using altavista and translate japanese parts pages, perhaps from a japanese honda website... check part numbers, if they match they you have a go...

the D15B has the same 75mm bore as the rest of the D series engines
the D16Y8 head gasket is about half as thick as the one for the D16Z6
not sure what the thickness is for the D15B HG so it might raise your compression a few tenths if you use that one (not really a big deal since the D15B is only at 9.6:1)
the exhaust gasket should be the same as any of the others
the intake gasket i would guess is also the same
the throttle body etc.... really not sure ... best bet would probly be to just get a sheet of gasket paper from the parts store and cut your own

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 31 2005, 03:55 PM
best bet would probly be to just get a sheet of gasket paper from the parts store and cut your own
[post=453949]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: :werd: :ditto: :concur:

Back