Out with the D17A2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slipone

I got a 2003 Honda Civic EX Coupe, D17A2. I want to get rid of the D17A2. I was wondering if it is possible to swap for the 2003 RSX-S K20A2? If possible, what other swaps would be worth it? And if anyone can help me with what my Chassis Code is? Thanks. :)

if your looking for a more powerful swap, the jdm k20a is a little more powerfull that the USDM k20a2.. and the chasis code for the 7th gen civic non si is EM2.. but yea for our civic Hasport makes a mounting kit for it, but along with the motor you need to change the axels, subframe along with many other things.. but if your looking for power deffinetly swap because any work done to a SOHC D17 is a waste of time.. Turboing and completely rebuilding the internals would cost equal to that of a k20a... http://www.xproductionz.com/k20swap/k20swap.html .... there will tell you everything you need for the complete swap.. hope i helped you

I have an 2005 civic coupe, been looking into swapping alot, k20 is def the route u wanna go for the trouble and money it would cost.... b-seris is just as expensive and less power, d seris is too much of a lemon to turbo/sc/spray.... the k20a jdm has ~220hp and ~180fpt, the k20a usdm is from the base rsx or sir civic, ~160hp and ~125fpt i believe... and in between the two are the k20z1, k20z3 which are from different year rsx-s, with approx 200hp and 170fpt.... all in all, the k20a usdm is about 5000$ for motor + swap, and the k20a jdm is roughly gona run u 8000$ with swap, the others fall in between, depends where u get ur motor and who does work, if u plan on dumping alot of money into it, k are very strong blocks, very good for boosting with lower comp pistons and whatnot.... im looking at doing a k20ajdm s/c, gonna run be almost 11000$ likely, k20's are tons more accessable then the d seris we have for parts [ie s/c, turbo, na stuff], but regardless which direction you go, our cars are expensive or impossibe to do, swaps are hard, pricey and need to be quite modified to do and the stock motor is useless.... for more info dude, sign up to the site i use.... 7thgencivic.com , 50% of the ppl on that site have 01-05 coupes with k swaps done, if i get a chance i have a full DIY for a kswap with everything u need, including pricing [which u can also find engine prices quite often on passwordjdm.com], the wireing harness work that needs to be done, the mount work thats needs to be done and the rsx subframe work which needs to be done as these all will not fit directly on and require slight modification....
any more questions email me at nmci@rogers.com and i can send u the DIY.

Back