Over Heating Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eastbxc

Custom User Title
Okay so Saturday I was driving been driving around for about two hours when I look down and my temp gauge the needle was on H. I pulled over and shut my car off and noticed it was pushing a lot of coolant. So much it was overflowing my overflow tank. We let it cool down enough to take the radiator cap off and filled it back up with coolant. We drove it around again after it was completely cool and we had filled up the radiator this time it pushed coolant up to the min line on the overflow. I let it cool down again and the radiator just took the amount that was in the overflow. I have only drove it around once since it over heated kind of scared to drive it and have that happen again. I am not sure if it is a blown head gasket? I really hope not. I am going to do a compression check this morning as soon as the dealership opens up. I will let you know the results but if anyone has any info please be sure to let me know.

I was also maybe thinking it might be the radiator cap. For one when it sat over night it did not suck the coolant back into the radiator it just sat still below the min line. But that would not explain why it got to H. I thought maybe it was thermostat even but everyone I ask about that doesn't think it would be that.

Damn it I notice I posted this in the wrong section again. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
So I did the compression test. It held fine at 15psi. I am going to replace the thermostat and radiator cap and then see what happens.

I hate to break this to you. but its either your head gasket or you cracked you head.

The same happened to my bronco II.

Im glad it happened. cuz now i got a Honda :)

But if you take the cap off, and put coolent in it. it will blow right out of it all over the place.

Really? Can you not read? I did a compression test and said it held at 15psi fine so the head and head gasket are fine. I drove it for over 2 hours yesterday and it ran fine. It was the radiator cap or the thermostat.

Oh and no shit about about taking the cap off and it blowing coolant all over the place. You would have to be a complete retard to not know that. It even says so on the cap....

Back