Overheating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well im pretty sure. The sensor on my thermo housing it not hooked up either, has never been.
But never stopped the fan from working before.

well im pretty sure. The sensor on my thermo housing it not hooked up either, has never been.
But never stopped the fan from working before.

lol that makes no sense...whats telling the ecu engine temp if its controlling the fan? sooper weird

Last edited:
then id have to say redo it like a normal sensor. and then just run a toggle switch. The one in my Camaro was a regular toggle but for my friends fog lights I found a switch that looked like it could have been factory. its not really a huge deal to have it on a switch. I look at it as increased control.

then id have to say redo it like a normal sensor. and then just run a toggle switch. The one in my Camaro was a regular toggle but for my friends fog lights I found a switch that looked like it could have been factory. its not really a huge deal to have it on a switch. I look at it as increased control.

very true...id like that more than seeing my engine getting hot and yelling for the damn fan to come on lol

Yea, believe me. Ive gone through all 5 stages of mourning in an overheating situation. 1. :mellow:It's not really that hot, I can make it. 2. :rawr:WTF, why are you always doing this to me!?!? 3. ;)OK If we make it home Ill go get you than nice Flowmaster exhaust and Eibachs you've been wanting so badly... 4. :(FML... whyyyyyyyyy?! :g:5. (On the side of the road, car steaming. A distinct bubbling sound and a sweet smell in the air) I think Ive got an overheating problem...

Oh ive been there!

So heres a few updates that might help you guys figure out a problem.

-Thermostat IS opening, so its not faulty.
-The car overheats in High boost, AKA 19psi, and and Low boost now, above 10psi. So maybe its running too lean and thats why its overheating?
-Ive heard of some form of external fan switch relay, that has a probe attached to the RAD and controls the fan independently when it gets to a certain temp, rather then running off the sensor on the engine or ECU. Multiple people have told me these things exist but i dont know where to get one.

Any of this make sense?

Last edited:
So i hardwired the rad fan into my fuse panel in my engine bay to test it out and see if it will stop the overheating.

Was a success. Temporary fix though, but it keeps the car from overheating.

Guess ill wire it into a switch soon.

Thanks for the help guys.

Back