oversized fuel pumps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crx Kid22

mk i have a cold air intake with a unrestrictive filter so i was thinking of getting an "oversized" fuel pump i was wondering if anyone has does one of these and what i should take into consideration

ok is this the fuel filter?

Last edited:
i dont think thats the fuel filter, it should have 2 hoses going into it with hard fittings. its usually on the firewall somewhere.

now what are you trying to do... get a new fuel pump or a new fuel filter?

just use a new oem fuel filter. its not hard to do, you will need 2 wrenches.

Last edited:
part you have circled is the purge canister - the fuel filter is just to the right of the canister

IMO I would do the DPFI to MPFI (Duel Point Fuel Injection to Multi Point Fuel Injection) swap or the air intake will do almost nothing for power. Also, if you put in per-say a 255lph Walbro pump you will not get extra power just for adding that. Larger fuel pump or filters will do nothing unless you have a turbo and do some internals and your engine calls for more fuel.

agreed. the next thing you should probably do is a dpfi to mpfi conversion. you will get an appreciable gain from that. like was said before me, if you want to put in say a 255lph walbro pump, it will work just fine, however it won't make your car any faster, or operate any different. aside from a louder whining noise from the rear end lol. now if you have plans to do some major upgrades that would need the extra fuel volume in the future, then by all means install a higher lph pump. however if you won't be doing that likely ever or soon, and the pump you have now works fine, then don't waste your time replacing it. do a dpfi to mpfi conversion
emthup.gif

https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/dpfi-mpfi-writeup-49557/

There is only 1 correction I will make on that write-up (it's a damn good one, but I am just saying). The power for the injector resistor box doesn't goto A15, it should be spliced into the remaining Yellow wire on your Cx/Dx or Lx wiring harness. I kind of forget how I did that part but if you are going to do the DPFI-MPFI swap let me know and I will check it over to confirm how it should be done. If not done properly, you can fry your injectors and wiring to them, so this step is a NECESSITY.

Hey buddy I have an a6 MPFI intake manifold for sale; includes:
-intake manifold body
-throttle body
-all fuel injectors
-fuel rail
-fuel pressure regulator
It has been cleaned up nicely internally with carb cleaner and freshly painted with "high heat" grey (on manifold itself and fuel injectors). Also, the throttle body gasket mating surface has been sanded down nicely and the gasket mating surface is already cleaned up (nice and shiny). All yours for $50 plus shipping.
I will include a brand new gasket for $13. So all said and done you can have it for $63 plus shipping. Let me know. Thanks!.

Last edited:
Get MPFI and maybe look into an exhaust header, I have seen manis on ebay for very cheap and that will also help increase your power, especially if you ad a slightly larger exhaust system as well. (Don't make it monstrous, also keep this in mind when shopping for a header- look at the outlet size )
The MPFI swap is a bit of work (well it was for me :D) but it opens up a lot of possibilities for your engine. Good luck!

Back