oversrpay

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thank you captain obvious. but its not alot of paint - just overspray. you can hardly see it but you can feel it.

Go to a body shop supply store and buy a clay bar or
-lacquer thinner with a steel wool pad
-razor blade
and if it is on the paint use the clay bar and buff it.

Four inch razor blade scraper. I can do all the glass in your car in 5 minutes. The scraper is <$5. Any paint store, or WalMart, will have this scraper. Dark grey handle, replaceable blade, four inch scraper.

Be careful not to dig the edge of the scraper into the glass. Standard house painter's tool.

Originally posted by tab@Apr 29 2004, 05:00 PM
Four inch razor blade scraper. I can do all the glass in your car in 5 minutes. The scraper is <$5. Any paint store, or WalMart, will have this scraper. Dark grey handle, replaceable blade, four inch scraper.

Be careful not to dig the edge of the scraper into the glass. Standard house painter's tool.

^^Thats what I was going to suggest.

Originally posted by tab@Apr 29 2004, 07:00 PM

word. ive actually got one of those here.

thanks for all the answers. :D

Originally posted by jimporsche86@Apr 29 2004, 09:48 PM
Lacquer thinner cleans anything.

no shit buddy...but laquer thinner also strips fresh paint off also...thats not a very bright statement or very good advise to go giving someone who may not have any idea of the damage it could do to fresh paint.

Supercleaner from Schucks has always gotten overspray off for me. It can run 15 or so for a big ass galon jug that lasts for atleast 6 months, but that's the only way I've boughten it myself.

Paint thinner
Laquor thinner
Or a product called, "Goof Off"
All of those work wonders with just a rag, just watch out for your paint and take your time. If you are still struggling after using a rag and one of those products use a razor and some thinner and you should be good.

Originally posted by driver1+Apr 30 2004, 09:35 PM-->
jimporsche86
@Apr 29 2004, 09:48 PM
Lacquer thinner cleans anything.

no shit buddy...but laquer thinner also strips fresh paint off also...thats not a very bright statement or very good advise to go giving someone who may not have any idea of the damage it could do to fresh paint.

read my topic.

overspray on glass.

the lacquer thinner took quick care of it. thanks! :D

Back