P13 ECU FROM AUTO TO 5 SPEED

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Is it possible to change an auto jdm p13 ecu and change it in to a 5 speed can i just chip it or is there something else i need to do thank you

i'd have to see a picture of the insides of your ecu.. generally on obd1 ecu's there are some RP jumpers to remove and add in another position.
since its a JDM ecu, the jdm p30 ecu i chipped a while ago had all surface mount components.. i dont remember if it had the RP jumpers or not.. i'm not sure if the p13 has all surface mount components like the p30... i would really need to see inside the ecu.

Originally posted by 95preludetypes@Feb 29 2004, 03:26 AM
Is it possible to change an auto jdm p13 ecu and change it in to a 5 speed can i just chip it or is there something else i need to do thank you

Yes, you can simply have the ecu reprogrammed with a 5speed program and it will convert to a 5speed ecu.

If you don't know who I am *snicker* I reprogram ecu's. :) http://jdmhondaparts.com/ecu.htm

i was under the impression that you needed to remove resistors in the ECU, i've never been able to simply convert any ECU by reprogramming it....

then you haven't been using the right programs, Pills.
A lot of the blue-blood Japanese racing programs (real Mugen, Spoon, etc.) disable the check for the auto trans in software - you can put them in an ECU that is configured for auto trans circuitry and it will act like a 5 speed.

See PGMFI Wiki for more. This is covered.

i hadn't been trying to convert anything... my ecu tunings are few and far between these days.. just the group of friends with hondata etc. and a few using CROME... but we all have 5 speed ecus already :)

i was just wondering if that was true

Back