P28 conversion not working. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dravenlee3

OK here is the thing. The engine is a D15B2, but it has a VTEC head on it, not sure which one.

It is running MPFI.
It had a PM6 in it.

I was trying to swap it for a P28. Got the conversion kit for it, wired everything the way the directions told me to, but my car REFUSES to crank.

Does ANYONE know what my possible problems could be?

Also, it will crank if I press the gas a couple of times, but then it will eventually shuts off.

what harness did you use to convert it to obd1? some of them you have to convert the car back to DPFI then plug the harness in and run the extra wires to the injectors, o2 sensor and stuff liek that. if you already did that maybe you forgot to swap the TPS wires back the DPFI way.

Well, I actually got it working now. I just had to put in an Obd1 distributor.

Problem now is that I am getting a #9 Error code, which I believe is a faulty CYP Sensor. It threw me that code immediately after I put in the new dist., which tells me that it is a wiring problem, but I can't see what is wrong with the wiring, because all of the colors match up, and the dist. is new so, now I have that problem. Thanks for the help though = D.

Code 9...yes...You should either make a jumper harness from OBD0-OBD1 distributor or buy one from RyWire...I think they make this jumper. I would make one for you but I don't have all the parts now...I just made two of them and I'm all out.
Good Luck

Back