P28 Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

ive read pgmfi.org on how to convert the OBD1 ecus from auto to manual, and some people on their forum had problems afterwards. Has anyone on this forum tried it?(Removing resistors from RP17 and RP18 and then jumping RP18).

Also, has anyone ran P30 maps on a P28 with no problems? Does anything have to be done on the bin file or the ecu to make it work?

Thanks, Kevin.

btw the ecu is from a 92 civic EX; P28-A51

Quoted post[/post]]
ive read pgmfi.org on how to convert the OBD1 ecus from auto to manual, and some people on their forum had problems afterwards. Has anyone on this forum tried it?(Removing resistors from RP17 and RP18 and then jumping RP18).

Also, has anyone ran P30 maps on a P28 with no problems? Does anything have to be done on the bin file or the ecu to make it work?

Thanks, Kevin.

btw the ecu is from a 92 civic EX; P28-A51

I've chipped/converted hundred's of P05/P06/P28/P75, etc Auto ECUs and never had a problem...

thanks, ive just modified the ecu today. im just waiting on the socketing kit :)

ive noticed something though; i tried to test the circuit by touching the solders with a multimeter; ive noticed that when i tried touching the Honda solders, it doesnt read, but the solders i put in read fine. is there a coating or something on it?

Quoted post[/post]]
thanks, ive just modified the ecu today. im just waiting on the socketing kit :)

ive noticed something though; i tried to test the circuit by touching the solders with a multimeter; ive noticed that when i tried touching the Honda solders, it doesnt read, but the solders i put in read fine. is there a coating or something on it?
yes. i always rub all the pads down with rubbing alcohol before doing any soldering or desoldering to remove whatever plastic type coating it is (i'm sure xenocron will chime in with exactly what it is)... seems to help out quite a bit.

i also want to say that i'm really happy xenocron is a sponsor and a participating member of this board now. i highly doubt that he knows who i am... but i've ordered from him a couple of times and he has always been extremely helpful. he's always been quick to answer questions and go out of his way to help me out when i had a problem. his products come with great documentation and he really stands behind them. i recommend that you go through him for any DIY tuning needs that he can supply you with.

xenocron :thumbsup: .

Back