P28 Does it matter if it came out an automatic???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hatch-R

Looking to buy a P28 that will b chipped later on does it matter if it comes out of an automatic???? :worthy:

It'll b running a obd2 jdm itr in the future good chip??????? :worthy:

and I know P28's come in 92-95 si/ex's and some del sol si's but wah year del sol si's????????? :worthy:

92-95 civic ex/si, 93-95 del sol si have the p28

the auto DOES matter, but it too can also be chipped to work with a manual if necessary, but p28's are so cheap and abundant, that finding a manual for around $125 is easy.

no matter what "off the shelf" chip you plan to get, i higgly suggest you get a vafc and head to a dyno to tune it. E picked up almost 20 hp in the midrange and 10 mpg on his itr with a skunk2 p28. they just run way too rich.

hmmmmm vafc very interested tell me more??????

How much???

What is it???? etc.

Is this the same Skunk2 chip with a vtec crossover at 6500rpm and rev cut at 8800 rpm i'm guessing cuz i see one on ebay??????/

sounds like it. skunk2/mugen/your name here are pretty much all the same shit.

vafc is like 300 bucks or so... and allows you to + or - your % of fuel at given rpm points... a quick tune so to speak. and, it allows you to set your optimal vtec point.

pardon the life size image..... but here's the results i was talking about above....

11.9:1 a/f ratio of the before graph is STUPID rich =)

s3e87e09490856.jpg

Back