P28 Ecu Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spyderturbo

Okay, I have a 1994 CX hatch with a 1993 D16Z6 motor swap done. I have a P28 ECU out of a 1994 EX auto. My buddy did the auto to manual conversion on it and it works great, except no vtec. I ran the two additional wires at the Ecu pinnouts for the solenoid and pressure switch. I'm gonna re-check them tomorrow again to make sure. Can anyone think of why the ECU would not engage vtec and not thro a CEL. That's right, no CEL but no Vtec, and it is a P28 for sure. If vtec is wired wrong won't it throw a CEL? This has me puzzled. Car runs great but no vtec

-Matt
1997 Spyder GST - sold!
1994 Civic CX - D16Z6
2000 Integra Type R - picking up May 15th!

are you sure your not getting VTEC ... its really not that noticable on a SOHC
ive had both

There is no change in sound at all, when my girl had her EX I could at least hear a difference, I can't hear any difference at all with the hatch, and it has an intake and exhaust so I should hear something, plus I have not taken it past 6000 bacause I don't hear it engaging and it worries me.....

-Matt
2000 Integra Type R 0968
1994 Civic Hatch-D16Z6

there's 3 wires for vtec.... not 2

A4 VTEC Spool Solenoid
D6 VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Input
VTEC Ground Black Chassis Ground

make sure you are grounded

The ground is in the harness and ties into another ground, I have a Z6 wiring harness so I should be covered with the ground, tomorrow the car may be sold I will have no worries hopefully!

-Matt
2000 ITR, PY, 0968, Tein HA's, AEM CAI
1994 Civic CX, D16Z6, FOR SALE!

1997 Eclipse Spyder,12's, SOLD!

Back