p30 ecu cel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16eg6experiment

I have a p30 running a b16a2 in my '95 civic. I do a compression test and everything checks out. Put the plugs/wires back in, she won't start. Sounds like there's no spark. After re-checking everything, I try to pull an ecu code. The CEL stays lit!? I can't figure out what this means, can anyone help?

you say when you go to check the code the CEL just stays on right? it happened to me and when i took it to the shop they told me there was nothing wrong with it some times it means there is no codes at all. and if the engine doesn even turn and it stays solid like that, that means Code 0 which means DEAD ECU. good luck with it man

matt is a good guy to talk to about ecu problems he was able to fix my ecu with no problems. does the engine turn over at all? i mean like crank? if it does then the ecu is good

the starter turns, and there's fuel in the cylinder. it just seems to have no spark.
the ecu always coded a 36(jdm for TCS), now the light stays on. i was thinking it was the distrbuter or coil, maybe.

Back