1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p30 ecu wit b20vtec setup

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by b20vtecbuilder, Oct 23, 2002.

1. b20vtecbuilder

b20vtecbuilder Member

the b20b block has no knock sensor so do i need to reprogram the ecu and eliminate the knock sensor or should i just buy a p28 ecu and have it chipped for dohc or is there any other way i can make this work. i would like to keep my p30 if possible. thanks for all your help!

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

yO. p28 with hondata will not check for a knock sensor... and you will have full tunability. and you can sell the p30 for near 200 bucks.

3. honda_power69

honda_power69 Member

...Or...you could just have your ecu chipped for like $150 shipped and keep your p30. up to you. most all of those aftermarket chips eliminate the knock sens. anyway. Send a pm on here to AllMotorMonster. He can help ya with the details.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

ACK! NO!!!!

chips are so not worth it. esp on a rare p30. chip a p28, not a p30- its too valualbe

ive them go for $275+

5. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

seriously.. if you want a gay chip. then sell the p30 and buy a chip from www.hyperducktuning.com and do it up. you'll actually make money off that

6. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

Just install a knock sensor and run a p72. See LSVTEC in FAQ. If there is a blank for it on the back of the motor under the intake manifold tap the blank with a 12mm tap, thread the sensor in and go. If not then follow the instructions I used for my knock sensor.

7. b20vtecbuilder

b20vtecbuilder Member

isn't a p72 for duel butterfly intakes i'm runnin a 2nd gen b16 head so i do'nt think that will work

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted