P30 OR CHIPPED P28?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a JDM sirII that I am running a p30 ecu. I also have a p28 Usdm ecu that I was thinking about chipping to run the b16. which ecu should I use? can I chip the JDM p30? I am having Knock sensor problems that is why I was leaning more towards the chipped p28. o ya hondata's are too expensive for me.

chip the p28, and then get a vafc to fine tune the fuel

jdm ecus suck :/ and its speed limiter, not rev limiter that you are trying to cut.

speed limiter is what I meant. I have a stock motor with i/h/e and a 50shot of juice what program do you recomend?mugen,skunk? etc.... I've been looking and asking around for someone who will chip my ecu and I have been shot down everywhere. Any recomendation? thanks

Originally posted by slick*vic*@Nov 7 2003, 02:19 PM
speed limiter is what I meant. I have a stock motor with i/h/e and a 50shot of juice what program do you recomend?mugen,skunk? etc.... I've been looking and asking around for someone who will chip my ecu and I have been shot down everywhere. Any recomendation? thanks

Talk to Joe at locashracing.com, he helped me a lot with my b16a2 swap. The phone# is on the website and there is an email option as well. I traded a OBD1 P72 for a skunk2 chipped P28...5700 VTEC crossover, NO KNOCK SENSOR, no rev limiter...AWESOME...

jun, skunk, mugen- its all the same shit. they make you run rich as fuck, overshoot vtec by 1200 rpms, yadda yadda.

get the vafc no matter what progrram you get, and spend the cash for 3 pulls on the dyno to tune it.

you can run the P30 w/ VAFC but you will not get the same results.

JDM P30s have a speed limiter at 180kph (~112mph) that will hit. If this concerns you, chip the P28.

I know either myself or AllMotorMonster could chip your P28 and do a good job, and I'm sure there are other people near you. Where do you live? What have you done to the motor? Standard price for me = $75, and I'll put whatever you want in it. Pissedoffsol is very right about the Mugen/Skunk/etc. programs all being garbage. They dump ridiculously large amounts of fuel, which never helps.

Yes I am very interested. I have a p28 that I will be running a b16 sirII, It has I/h/e and occasional 50 shot of juice. I would like the v-tec crossover around 4800 and no fuel cut off. also rev limiter to about 8600(for future mods). Let me know if this is possible.

Back