p61 ECU from 93 Integra GSR into 91 CRXsi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kinbote

Hey all,

I've gone through many, many posts of exactly the same kind of question. I've read a million versions of the OBD0 and OBD1 pinouts. The problem I've had is that the pinouts that I've seen and the pinouts documented by Honda in the Helms manual DO NOT AGREE. So, I'm frustrated beyond belief. I even thought I solve it all by buying a OBD0 to OBD1 ECU jumper from Katman. Unfortunately the jumper puts things into the p61 ECU where it doesn't have any LISTED functionality. It also tries to take things from the 91 CRX wire harness that aren't supposed to even be there. As a result, I'm completely confused.

What I really need is a list of what existing signals need to go from the 91 CRX wiring harness to which pins of the p61 ECU. Then I need to know which signals need NOT to go from the CRX wiring harness to the p61 ECU. Then I need to know which signals and sensors I need to add to the CRX wiring harness and which pins on the ECU they need to go to. All of this stuff needs to use the same pinout strategy (ie either the z pinout of the integra ECU connectors or the horizontal pinout listed for the harness connectors) for both the CRX Si stuff and the integra p61 stuff.

Please where do I get help for this?

K.

the p61 ecu is exactly like a p28 as far as pins go, and thus follows the obd1 pin layout.
Chet did a simple swap and re-dyno with 3 different ecus, and the p61 was one of them, along with a chipped p28 and a stock p30.

if yours won't plug in, question that it is actually a p61, or that your harness from katman is correct.
BEcause it shoudl plug right in and work with the harness you bought.

The answer is to rip out the harness, and rewire it with a 92-95 EX/Si harness or an OBDI GSR harness. That is the best way to solve the OBD0-1 nightmare IMO.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Sep 16 2004, 12:02 PM
The answer is to rip out the harness, and rewire it with a 92-95 EX/Si harness or an OBDI GSR harness. That is the best way to solve the OBD0-1 nightmare IMO.
[post=391101]Quoted post[/post]​

Great! This may be a good solution. But, if the wiring harness is ripped out, the contents of the dash and car are not the same as the '93 Integra GSR that the motor and the ECU came from. So, the problem is moved, but remains the same kind of problem. Basically, I need to know which are the signals that a B17a CRX hybrid CAN give the P61 so that the P61 can run the car.

For example, coolant temperature sensor for the P61 is called ECT, while for the 91 CRX Si it's called TW. The only reason I got this is because the Helms manuals for both spell out "coolant temperature" before providing the abreviation. Another example, is the P61 CYP sensor the same as the PR3(?) CYL sensor?
And if it is, which CYL wire is the CYP-P wire and which is the CYP-M wire?

I know I'm kind of dumb about this but it's just not clear to me which pins correspond from set up to set up. I'd be grateful for help.

K

Originally posted by Kinbote+Sep 17 2004, 07:01 PM-->
@Sep 16 2004, 12:02 PM
The answer is to rip out the harness, and rewire it with a 92-95 EX/Si harness or an OBDI GSR harness.  That is the best way to solve the OBD0-1 nightmare IMO.
[post=391101]Quoted post[/post]​

Great! This may be a good solution. But, if the wiring harness is ripped out, the contents of the dash and car are not the same as the '93 Integra GSR that the motor and the ECU came from. So, the problem is moved, but remains the same kind of problem. Basically, I need to know which are the signals that a B17a CRX hybrid CAN give the P61 so that the P61 can run the car.

For example, coolant temperature sensor for the P61 is called ECT, while for the 91 CRX Si it's called TW. The only reason I got this is because the Helms manuals for both spell out "coolant temperature" before providing the abreviation. Another example, is the P61 CYP sensor the same as the PR3(?) CYL sensor?
And if it is, which CYL wire is the CYP-P wire and which is the CYP-M wire?

I know I'm kind of dumb about this but it's just not clear to me which pins correspond from set up to set up. I'd be grateful for help.

K
[post=391701]Quoted post[/post]​

you say the P61 is a obd 0 ecu does it have vtec I never heard of it, would be interested in selling it. It was not included in the ecu list.

Back