P73 ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mr_GaBIG

Hello,

I have a '99 B16A2 motor and have a '99 P73 ECU sitting in my room.

Will there be any benefits from changing the ECU?

Also, what else will be needed for the ECU to fully function?

Probably better than the stock maps in the si ecu, but getting an obd2-obd1 conversion + hondata and a tune would be much better.

is it a jdm or usdm. if its a usdm you might have problems, the usdm has a immobilizer in the unit and is actuated by the ignition in typr r vehicles only. the jdm should be fine. Running the itr ecu ? depending on your compression is how it will function. I tried to run one of these in my wifes ls/vtec with 9.4 compression. The fuel mapping was too rich so it ran like crap. You also have the alternative to add a vafc controller too just in case. p73-ao2 etc = usdm, p73-oo2or 003 = jdm.
good luck.

ok maybe i put my foot in my mouth you have a 99, thats the ob2b. thats a different story. oh well the jdm and usdm is still the same , along with the fuel mapping.

Originally posted by Mr_GaBIG@May 5 2004, 11:13 AM
Hello,

I have a '99 B16A2 motor and have a '99 P73 ECU sitting in my room.

Will there be any benefits from changing the ECU?

Also, what else will be needed for the ECU to fully function?

what year is you car?

btw, if that P73 you have is US spec, there's no such thing as a US '99 P73 ecu. Acura stopped production on Type-R's in 1999.

:withstupid:

USDM = 97 - 98, or 00-01

jdm speed cut sucks. whats done to your motor to think you need maps of a motor making nealry 50 more CHP?

Back