p75 on a b18c?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blink1_8_2dude

ok this is my situation, i dropped a b18c into my integra. I ordered a turbo kit which still has not come in yet, and i think i got burned on, but that is a different issue. Well i bought a p72 ecu which is chipped for turbo and the guy i bought it from said that i have to run it with the bigger injectors which is supposedly suppose to be with the turbo kit. so my question is until i get all of this stuff worked out can i run a p75 computer on a b18c, I know that vtec will not kick in but will this affect my motor in any harmful way?

the fuel maps are all wrong for the gsr running an LS computer.

its ok to run it. BUT, dont drive the car HARD AT ALL! keep uit under 4 grand and just daily driving duties.

as for your chipped p72- what is it chipped with? I've never heard of any chipped ecu that lets you run anything BUT stock injectors. it simply can't control a larger injector at idle, at thus flodds the motor to a stall.

when it comes to ecus im stupid i just bought this ecu from a guy on here and he said it was chipped for turbo to keep my check engine light from coming on but he siad i have to use it with the bigger injectors or i will mess the ecu up. Im not sure what kind of chip it is

PO'd sol>It is possible to run larger than stock injectors by modifying the fuel maps, but there is a limit to how big your injectors can be before even the lowest settings will flood your engine at idle with stock fuel pressure...

blink>Hopefully the program you got is a legit turbo program like ERM, and hopefully everything works out for ya... Just be careful when you take it out for the initial runs...

Originally posted by HardLowrdRanger@Aug 5 2003, 01:21 PM
PO'd sol>It is possible to run larger than stock injectors by modifying the fuel maps, but there is a limit to how big your injectors can be before even the lowest settings will flood your engine at idle with stock fuel pressure...

no.

not without a standalone that can control a larger CC injector. the stock hondat computer for a b-sereis is set for 240cc's and nothing else, regardless of fuel pressure.
shove 310s in there, and you will flood.
shove 860s in there, and you will flood and stall

when it comes to ecus im stupid i just bought this ecu from a guy on here and he said it was chipped for turbo to keep my check engine light from coming on but he siad i have to use it with the bigger injectors or i will mess the ecu up. Im not sure what kind of chip it is

from who?

chipped for turbo to keep the CEL on? well.... there's 231234123 things why the cel can go on. most likely with boost, its the map sensor that will throw a code first. if homeboy messed around with the map sensor settings on the ecu, i'd be VERY wary to even let that ecu sit in a box bnear my car, let alone run it.

That's funny, since I run 310s daily on my all motor whore... =)

I tune ECUs daily... I mentioned "modifying the fuel maps", I obviously meant tuning... Are you saying Hondata can't run 310s? Their system is not modified to allow bigger injectors, you just adjust the fuel maps... The stock program's fuel maps can be changed the same way... You should really stop by pgmfi.org and do some reading...

As far as the boost chip... There is a FREE Rom Editor floating around that allows boost support... I'm guessing that's what he used... And yes, that will eliminate the CEL for map sensor when under boost...

to clear this up definatively:

-I sent Blink 182 dude the ECU.
-It is a GSR conversion ECU.
-It is running the ERM+boost program
-Fuel tables have been recurved to support 450cc injectors. Trying to use this ECU with stock injectors will cause it to run MASSIVELY LEAN and could damage the engine.
-If you want testimonials from kids who are running around in boosted cars with ERM, come over to PGMFI or check out the threads on honda-tech.
-I know that hondata is better - things like TPS tip in and cold start are currently problematic, but they are being addressed.

I run 450cc injectors in my NA B18-powered CRX using a chipped 89 PM6 with the pulsewidths recurved. There is always more than one way to skin a cat. PGMFI is finally starting to produce safe, usable tools for tuning boosted cars. They'll only get better from here with the dedication of dozens of programmers and tuners working towards providing quality free tools for all enthusiasts to use. Why let companies have a stranglehold on boosted hondas? Live free or die...

man i put my p72 in my car for my b1c and it si running like shit even though i am not takin it over 4 grand and i am gettin the shittiest gas mileage is this normal??????????

Back