painting interior plastic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

I want to paint the interior plastic panels black. Is there an inexpensive spray paint that adheres to plastic well? thx

Use a plastic primer. And let the peices dry for a while outside because your whole car will smell like paint forever. But dont go over board. One or 2 peices is cool but andmore than that i would just spend the money and get it dyed. It is not worth the trouble :)

Paint sucks get it dyed or find a black interior.

I have painted interior wouldn't do it again.

Go to napa and buy the interior paint called SEM...Its a graet product..All you need to do is clean the panel by via the directions and apply...It will look like an OEM finish.A little pricey but not bad.

I used High temp engine paint, very nice & glossy I recommend it, It's at autozone for cheap been about 2 years an no chipping or raring down..

gat a plastic dye works good and will last a long time without fading

Clean the peices really well and spray them with adhesion promoter before applying any paint. You don't need primer.
Don't use krylon, it is garbage. Use real paint if you want it to last.

Actually Krylon fusions is good paint if used properly. I painted the lower plastic piece of my old front bumper on my 04 Silverado with it and it did not chip or peel. I had it on there for about 8 months so it had winter to summer to fall conditions without any problems. At work sometimes I have to push the snow banks in a little because my truck is so long and it did not scatch the fusions at all.

just saw this post. If you havent painted the parts heres some tips.Before you apply ANY paint. Use cleaner to get all the silicone (Armorall or anything that you put on it to make it shine) off. I used to work at a paint shop and theres nothing worse than to see your paint Run. Also use a light coat first. Then come back and finish the job.

???

Jeef said:
Actually Krylon fusions is good paint if used properly. I painted the lower plastic piece of my old front bumper on my 04 Silverado with it and it did not chip or peel. I had it on there for about 8 months so it had winter to summer to fall conditions without any problems. At work sometimes I have to push the snow banks in a little because my truck is so long and it did not scatch the fusions at all.

It's no better then the 4-dollar-a-can no name brand paint. I spent over 100 dollars on different paints and primers doing test peices before attempting to paint my interior. I have tried it on several peices, sanded, not sanded, primed, not primed, permoters and even clear coats. Krylon will scratch off by rubbing your keys across it or even your finger nails. :eek: I work in the automotive industry and painting from a can is NOT the way to go. I ended up putting a thin coat of fiberglass cloth over all my panel peices in my 85 s10 and I must say it looks MINT :D

why are you retards reviving a thread over a year old?

get_nick said:
why are you retards reviving a thread over a year old?

How would you like it if you were reading up on painting your car interior and came a cross a thread telling you to use a crappy paint that would litteraly turn your car into trash instantly?:huh:

ok i work at a shop so heres what u do scuff them wit a red scuff pad then clean then very good. u must get a adhesion promoter to sray on before hand to allow it to stick. for best results i painted my with ppg paint and it looks like the outside of the car and doesnt peel had it for 3 years now. u can use other paints just make sure u use the promoter first

Back