Painting lips

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheese9988

VIP
I notice when I try to paint a lip (ie a panel the round off to a 90deg bend) that the paint oversprays a little bit over onto the other side and leaves a rough surface that I have to sand down. Is there any technique to get around this?

Yep, thats with the basecoat, I am going to apply the clear coat tomorrow so I was hoping to get around that. Thanks!

follow the bend with the gun dont do it in two seeperate motions. that is about the only sure fire way to no get a little over spray. but be careful with the clear tho....as i remembered you said youve run the base a copule times and the clear is quite a bit more difficult not to run. just curious i forgot what id du say you bought for clearcoat and how much of it do you have?

I have a gallon of clearcoat I havn't touched yet. Just says uretane clearcoat on it, CC5000 mart. sen. paint. Hope that gives me a little room for screwups hehe.

ya that should be plenty for some good screw ups, also there should be a large numberin the center of the gallon with some words under it what does it say

Hmm, under the CC5000 it says High Solids Urethane Clearcoat. On the side it says to mix 8:4:1. Is that kinda what you were looking for?

nah not really but thats alright i was kinda lookin for something more along the lines of 8889 or 8637 or something to those likes but thats alright it must just be a clear i havent used before...also a different mixing ratio than im used to most all the MS clears ive sprayed are 4:1:1...anyhow good luck

Back