Paralyzed woman walks again after stem cell therap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO many wonderful things that will only be put to death by the christian conservatives.

Originally posted by preluderjs@Nov 30 2004, 01:54 AM
For some reason my only thought on that is "Fuck Bush"
[post=424008]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for posting that. My sentiments also, but I didn't want to sully the initial post. I really hope that there is swift progress in the international community over this. Of course, years from now... Americans will benefit from this SCIENTIFIC knowledge and the Christian conservatives will give undeserved thanks for this to their Christian god like it's a miracle from his hands. Damn hypocrites. :angry:

You asshats!! This is a WIN for Bush

these stem cells came from CORD blood. you can't get cord blood from dead babys. it comes from the umbilical cord after a LIVE birth.

No Christian has trouble with stem cells derived from bone marrow or from cord blood.

...In contrast, there is no ethical dimension when stem cells from umbilical cord blood are obtained, according to researchers.

Additionally, umbilical cord blood stem cells trigger little immune response in the recipient as embryonic stem cells have a tendency to form tumors when injected into animals or human beings.

For the therapy, multipotent stem cells were isolated from umbilical cord blood, which had been frozen immediately after the birth of a baby and cultured for a period of time.
how about you read the whole damn article?

This is what Bush & most of the medical community support. Embryonic stem cell research is another way to jusitfy the imhumane practice of birth control after the fact.

Rather than educate couples on the advantages of donating their child's cord blood for real, meaningful solutions to medical ailments(i.e. leukemia), Planned Parenthood wants another arrow in their quiver to further their sadistic ideology.

ahedau, you posted a lot of what i was going to say. thank you.

Originally posted by Blanco@Nov 30 2004, 03:42 AM
A 24 hour old clump of cells is no more a baby than the scab I just peeled off.

And if a woman doesn't want a pregnancy or she wishes to donate to science, who the fuck are you to tell her she can't? Keep your religious views to yourself. I don't run around telling every Christian I see that I don't agree with their beliefs and I get really tired of Christians trying to push their beliefs on everyone else. You're more than entitled to your views and I'm more than entitled to not have to live by them.
[post=424034]Quoted post[/post]​

DING DING DING. We have a winnar, Johnny!

You sir, have just covered 35% of what pisses me off about christian conservatives.

Originally posted by ahedau@Nov 30 2004, 02:45 AM
You asshats!! This is a WIN for Bush

Rather than educate couples on the advantages of donating their child's cord blood for real, meaningful solutions to medical ailments(i.e. leukemia), Planned Parenthood wants another arrow in their quiver to further their sadistic ideology.
[post=424015]Quoted post[/post]​

No. It's letting the international scientific community surge ahead of ours, but fortunately for us since traditionally the scientific community is an open and sharing one without borders. we Americans will not be severely impacted except by the fact that because of the Bush and the Christian conservatives precious time is being lost for those here that could benefit by this technology. If not for the Christian conservatives, perhaps Ronald Reagan could have spent his last years with a working brain and Christopher Reeves could have walked again.

And I've used Planned Parenthood for years for my yearly checkups and to get my birth control pills (half the regular price) and always the insides of their offices are filled with calm, intelligent and neutral staff. They take no position there, they just offer the CHOICES that we have a RIGHT to have access too. Any pamphlets are just explaining pap smears, mammograms and birth control methods..... and abortion is not among them. The "morning after pill" should not be attacked either.

Speaking of sadistic ideology, what is sadistic is the people carrying the aborted fetus signs. Since I already know their message.... it's sadistically gross eye-spam for the rest of us. Those signs frighten and give children nightmares. Why don't the pro-fetus people be more productive in their efforts and why do they not offer "real, meaningful solutions" to the problem of unwanted pregnancies? Instead of carrying signs, they could be handing out literature with promises of footing the medical expenses for the pregnancies and offering to have the babies adopted to good families without strings attached or guilt. That would be a much better course of action on their part.

And..... science>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>religious superstitions, although practicing the power of positive thinking has merit. And I also feel that adults should always have more rights than an unborn fetus. If my life were in medical peril due to my pregnancy or I got pregnant due to being raped, well it's all about me, no contest. Would I feel badly? Yes, but whatever my decision, I don't need people like ahedau in my face, ragging on me during my decision making process and afterwards.

Originally posted by ahedau@Nov 30 2004, 02:45 AM
This is what Bush & most of the medical community support. Embryonic stem cell research is another way to jusitfy the imhumane practice of birth control after the fact.

[post=424015]Quoted post[/post]​

Well should there ever be medical science or other technologies where you object to the methods of development.... I would wish that you and your fellow Christian conservatives would have the guts to refuse it for yourself and families.

As the to education of donating umblical blood to science, that is better done at a regular hospital's OBGYN ward or their ER. Maybe some of those picketers could be waving signs for that instead.

I'm a christian conversative and I've never pushed my beliefs on anyone :p

And even as a christian conservative, I think this is [tony the tiger voice] Greeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!![/tony the tiger voice]

On the "win or lose" for Bush, both canidates lost on this one. They both turned stem cell research into a hot topic, that you were either for or against. They both declined to mention the fact that there are other forms of potential stem cell theropy than just embryonic. It was a for a shameless ploy to get votes, it is like the gay marriage issue, fine don't let them get married in religious services, but at least allow them domestic partnerships where they can have all the tax benefits heterosexual married people have. It is fucking ridiculous.

blanco -using a fetus for stem cells would go against any religion-your simply not religous! as for a woman having a baby.. we already allow it! but late term abortions-thats just fucking dumb that woman had 6 or more months to make that choice if she didnt choose by then she is to late..also not to mention the health risks involved , why not make some other things with as great of health risks legal ! imma stay on topic here battle pope i wont even bring the gay marriage thing into this cause thats not the topic but back to stem cells , if every one donatoted some thing to sciece like blood and marrow etc.. we wouldnt even need to do the fetus shit nor think about doing it , its just that people arnt as involved as they should be if they really gave a damn about doing it ! we all just sit online and bicker about it like some little kids at a playground if you wanna argue some thing do some thing about it ! donate ur blood , marrow , plasma to science i do! im not aiming this at any one directly im just saying think before you say some thing unless you your self are actually doing some thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back