Parish Vs Drag Week

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

See that turbo'ed Trailblazer I-6 in a Nomad? Hawt.

Oh, yeah, and I want to have Parish's trucks babies. :ph34r:

Might be a bit painful, but damn, that truck is awsome.

He is squeezing it now but backing off the boost. He has been using all week to tune.

But he did run a 10.00.. Sick......

But the container on the other side is for the menthanol injection setup.

OWNED.

I'm glad someone got him on film. I suspected people cheated like that..

But when doing an event like this, Don't people drive together ? I mean, everyone is headed toward the motel, and this guy goes in another direction ? Shows up substantially late ? Makes no sense.

Yeah thats what I was thinking too. You would have to take some other way to the place so no one saw you. But after reading that message board it said they had alot of people every where looking for cheaters. That is said that they would do that at an event like that. I mean when one of the racers takes all night to rebuild his damn motor it would really piss me off knowing that one of the guys was trailoring his car.

The guys in the Red Nova that was running very good times actually rebuilt their bottom end in the parking lot of one of the tracks. They rebuilt it after running and heading to the next track. that right there is major dedication to a sport and those should be the guys that have the right to be the most pissed.

Was this for the HotRod 100 daily drivers ?

Because I wouldn't consider the need to rebuild the lower end "Daily Driver" either. Maybe if the oil pan is leaking or some shit, but anyone of us, dedicated or not, would take 2 days to rebuild bearings, rods or the like.

if i were ever to get that involed....i would have a completely built block and a spare head just in case......but right now i dont make enough $$$$....give me 10-15........

In their defense, it is SO easy to work on those cars, and they are so clean - that yeah, you could swap heads or oil pans alongside the road.

Quoted post[/post]]
In their defense, it is SO easy to work on those cars, and they are so clean - that yeah, you could swap heads or oil pans alongside the road.

That stuff is easy, but they started at 5pm, had the ENTIRE motor torn down to the block&crank and then put back together with all new pistons again. Drove the entire route (8 hours) to the next stop and got to the next track by 9:30am before 1/2 the other competitors came to the track from their hotel room!

Proof:

http://www.1320video.com/gallery/v/2005/dragweek/dwokboys/

DSC00448.JPG

DSC00453.JPG

those guys are my idols...we took apart and LT1 and put it back together, and that took 3 six packs 2 guys who know what they are doing and this random guy standing around watching (the other H22 prelude guy...i my hands covered in oil:)). We started at 10AM and we were all asleep by 8PM...Dudes wife came out in the morning and was pissed because her BRILLIANT husband crashed on her white couch...yeah he slept in his camaro the next night.

Hats off to those nova guys...thats some sick work.

Back