parts for tensioner fix for h22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yo ppl i was just wondering what parts i need to do the tenshioner fix and where to get them. Engine is an JDM h22a. I need to know what to do with them as well. much thanks in advance

this was like my 6th post on this forum :)

To fix the autotensioner you need the following parts

13404-PT0-004 - Balancer Belt Adjuster
14510-PT0-004 - Timing Belt Adjuster
14516-PT2-000 - Adjuster Spring
90014-P14-A00 - Adjuster Base Bolt
90015-PT0-000 - Adjuster Spring Bolt
90016-PT0-000 - Adjuster Bolt
90140-P14-A00 - 11mm Washer
14521-P14-A00 - Adjuster Plate

how much did all these parts run you?

and all these parts are for an F22 motor right?

i have seen OBD1 and OBD2 H22's with auto tensioners, and i have heard horror stories about them, but have personally never seen them fail...

anyone know the specifics on this?

not really sure. i used it for my H-series swap. Just gave that list to the guy at bankston and he just gave me like 10 bags.

thanks reiko :)

It would be kinda nice if there were someone that had actual experience with autotenshioner failure that could give us some relevant info tho.

what do you wanna know? the spring fails, the tensioner falls, timing belt skips teeth...your valves bend. the end.

true but i have never had anyone i know have it happen to them. thats what i meant. I was gonna wait a month or so after my swap b4 doing the conversion to manual tenshioner due to funding issues. Speaking of funding how much do all the parts cost off the top of yer hed?

You don't want to re-use tensioner parts, that's asking for bad news...

I've never had any problems with the autotensioner, and my old roommate with the H22/EK hatch that's had it running for almost 3 years now has had zero problems as well. If you're changing the timing belt, I'd go ahead and change it, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

i just bought all my parts for the conversion. hondaautomotiveparts.com my total was 143 and some change. If you wanted to pull them from a junkyard find a prelude with a h23 in it and rip it apart, make sure you get all the parts although i would recommend buying new from honda

I am on a serious budget atm so i am just gonna get a new spring and use the rest of the stuff that was the h23 i am removing... if it looks ok.

Back