Pedals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Circuit

Aight, here's the deal. I bought some Ractive pedals annd ohh man do they suck. First, the screws are so big that it's making a whole in my carpet, then the straps come loose, and they look crappy after the paint chips away. :wtf:

I was wondering if anyone knew of any actual race pedals. I'm not looking for looks as much as being able to do heal toe without all those problems I stated above. Anotherwords I'm looking for real racing pedals, not pedal covers... anyone know of any good brands that I can stick on my 94 teg. :blink:

Yeah, I have a set of some brand name ones(forget which) and yeah they stick to the carpet from time to time, and it makes my clutch pedal stick, and crap. They are gay, and I too would like some real ones.

Good Idea, what size are they though? My brake pedal is real real close to my gas pedal...

ive got the cheapo fake razos made by 3A racing and theyve held up fine after like 30,000 miles already. if you want real quality race pedals check out razo, sparco or momo. mugen makes a set too but man they are like $180 if i remember right.

The point of adding the covers to your pedals is to add area for your foot, for such applications as heel toe driving where you need to have positive control and grip on the pedals. The mugen set is only of the only ones that is actually made for this, as they have a smooth gas pedal that allows you to slide your foot on and off with ease, while blipping the throttle and working the brake.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Dec 16 2003, 06:04 PM
:wtf: The stock pedals aren't good enough or what?

stock pedals suck for "heel toe" shifting (too far apart and too small)

:werd:

Those Mugen pedals look nice. I'll have to add a set to the list of "must haves" for the Civic. It kinda sucks when my truck has better pedal position for heel-toe action than the Civic.

sparco grips...they've got little rubber spots for grip and they're fairly big. kinda expensive though, $60 +shipping from the best parts store on the net. optionsauto.com. IMO

SPR-3787.GIF

In my opinion if your going for looks, I've seen the real JDM ITR pedals(whole pedal assembly) on ebay and that would swap directly into your Integra. I'm not sure how good they would be for heel/toe driving. I've also seen the JDM CTR pedal assembly but I'm not sure if it's the same. Good luck on your pedal search. :D

I bought sparco real carbon fiber pedals for $45 from Underground Audio in springfield virginia that I had to drill through the pedal to put on, looks nice as hell and doesn't budge worth at all. I'll try to put some pix when I get my camera by friend "borrowed" a couple weeks back.

i got some HondaSport pedals. got em from NOPI for like 100, and havent seen em since. aluminum, big, fit real nice, and arent slippery at all (unless there is snow on your shoes). i wish i could find them again, cuz after about 3 years and 2 different cars, im starting to wear out the aluminum. But they are great if any one finds em.

-Chris

Back