pep boys sells mandrel pipes & dynomax

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

went to pep boys today and saw a poster advertising that they now sell dynomax supr turbo mufflers and custom mandrel bent exhaust piping! yes...PEP BOYS!

i happen to have a dynomax super turbo and its a good performance muffler. both in sound and quality. :thumbsup:

more info on the muffler: http://www.dynomax.com/superturbo.stm

If you order from JCWhitney, you still have to put it all together. Thanks for the heads up Gabe! I might be taking the CRX there to get the exhaust done then.

:thumbsup:

:p

MOoooooooooooooney. The Civic takes priority over the choking CRX. I'm supposed to get it back this week... we'll see.

what exactly is that muffler sound like? I want something that is quiet when not on the throttle because I drive quite frequently on the freeway and don't want something that puts me to sleep.

my dynomax muffler is good and i have 2.75 inch piping on it. isn't loud at all and most people ask me where i got my exhaust at.

The Dynomax Super Turbo is a 3 chamber S curve... so it's pretty well muffled while allowing good flow. You can probably run one without a resonator between the cat and the muffler and still sound good. I had one on my old Chevy wagon, and it sounded awesome. Deep and throaty when on the gas, and a low rumble at idle and cruise.

Cool. Thanks for the information on the mufflers. I am having a hard time finding sites that sell those Dynomax mufflers. Also, would the center/center inlet/outlet design best work for a Del Sol? I know that's what my brother's muffler type is. I just want to make sure that it lines up with the little concave molding in the bumper.

Match the inlet/outlet configuration with the original setup, and you should be fine. Just weld up the new hangers so it all fits, and you won't have any headaches.

:lol:

Back