??Phantom Grip??? and another question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Has anyone ever used one of these? I don't think it would nearly as good as a quaiffe...but for a 1/4 of the price it might be worth it.

How does this thing work?

Also would a 4.7 FD work in an LS trans and have any advantages?

What kind of driving are you planning on doing? Phantom Grip LSD's are crap. I've got Honda LSD's in two of my cars now. I'm very happy with them.

A friend of mine tested it out on his EK to save a few bucks. He regrets paying the extra money just to learn he'd eventually save more with a Quaiffe.

Yea I'll probably get a Quaiffe or Genuine Honda, I was just wondering about the phantom grip.

What about the FD?

The phantom grip is just a locker. It is great if your car is a drag strip only car, however if you plan on daily driving it, or auto-x/road racing it is a waste. Check out OEM LSDs, we picked up one with very low miles and it good condition for 300 bucks on ebay, but be careful, as we all know there is a lot of shit on ebay.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 15 2004, 09:40 PM
Also would a 4.7 FD work in an LS trans and have any advantages?
[post=403240]Quoted post[/post]​

Back to this question... what kind of driving are you planning on doing in this car? Will you be going to the dragstrip? Autocross? If you are still going to use it as your daily driver, do you have any concerns for your weekly gas mileage?

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Oct 16 2004, 07:29 PM
The phantom grip is just a locker. It is great if your car is a drag strip only car, however if you plan on daily driving it, or auto-x/road racing it is a waste. Check out OEM LSDs, we picked up one with very low miles and it good condition for 300 bucks on ebay, but be careful, as we all know there is a lot of shit on ebay.
[post=403527]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, the Phantom isn't just a locker. It works all the time- you just have a chance of breaking a few teeth off your spider gears. Read through how the spring plate system works and you'll see.

you can pay me that 300 bucks plus 400 for installation and i can take a hammer to your spider gears. seriouly just go oem or quafe if you're getting a lsd.

i have a quaife, and i love it, but its expensive. i have no personal experience with it, but theres some positive reviews of the obx lsd on h-t.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Oct 16 2004, 09:12 PM
Quaiffe :thumbsup:, phantom Slip :thumbsdown:
[post=403542]Quoted post[/post]​

:fosho:

Phantom Grip LSD's are on LSD. . . . :eek3:

Its gonna be my daily, not too concerned about a little loss in gas mileage, not too drastic (as long as I get at least 25 mpg, im good). I'll be auto-xing it every once in a while and taking it to the strip.

You might also want to check out Arizona Race and Machine's LSD. I haven't heard of anyone mentioning them in these forums, but I've heard many good things about this company. Their website is at http://66.70.247.211/index.htm

Originally posted by $k@m Art1$t@Oct 17 2004, 10:19 PM
You might also want to check out Arizona Race and Machine's LSD. I haven't heard of anyone mentioning them in these forums, but I've heard many good things about this company. Their website is at http://66.70.247.211/index.htm
[post=403935]Quoted post[/post]​

It is the same piece of shit design as a Phantom Slip. For the labor involved in opening a tranny, skip these pieces of trash and go with a true LSD(Kaaz, ATS, OEM ITR, Quaife etc).

Back