phantom grip?? Autronic??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welfare

Ancient Member
Well, as some of you know I have some issues with my gsr/jrsc, and my track times, 2 things, 1, has anyone tried the phantom grip or phantom grpi type lsds?? how does it work and is it worth it? And 2 does anyone know anything about the autronic standalone system, cuz I found one in the junkyard (yes it works) but I have no clue how to tune it or anything.
Any input is greatly appreciated!

you should use a obx lsd work just the same but their 250 not 400 alot of cars run them that run 10's y are you wanting to go with a standalone system anyways

I want to go with the standalone because I have it, if I could get AEM I would, but this was what I have so it is what I am going to have to use. Retail on the autronic is just under 2000, so it was a really good find. I also got the link for my pc and I can see all the maps and the features that it has. I am working on the wiring now, Im hooking it to one of those obd1-obd0 jumper harnesses, just so that I don't have to mess around with the vehicle harness, just make it plug and play. It's coming out really good so far but it is time consuming. but I still have no idea how to tune it, I may have to take it somewhere, like this place a couple states over from me (which I HATE doing since I have done everything else on my car by myself)

As far as the phantom grip thing, it's only about 125-150 depending on the website, so it's alot cheaper than the obx, but its not a "real" LSD, it;s an addon to your stock differential and it has springs and plates or something. Either way I was looking to see if anyone has tried it because I know it's been around for a few years. I'm kinda on a tight budget, but that's life.

Back