1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phantom grip?? Autronic??

Discussion in 'Integra' started by welfare, Jun 27, 2007.

1. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

Well, as some of you know I have some issues with my gsr/jrsc, and my track times, 2 things, 1, has anyone tried the phantom grip or phantom grpi type lsds?? how does it work and is it worth it? And 2 does anyone know anything about the autronic standalone system, cuz I found one in the junkyard (yes it works) but I have no clue how to tune it or anything.
    Any input is greatly appreciated!

2. myah

myah Neu Impact Performance

you should use a obx lsd work just the same but their 250 not 400 alot of cars run them that run 10's y are you wanting to go with a standalone system anyways

3. myah

myah Neu Impact Performance

y don't you go with something like aem motech or hondata

4. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

I want to go with the standalone because I have it, if I could get AEM I would, but this was what I have so it is what I am going to have to use. Retail on the autronic is just under 2000, so it was a really good find. I also got the link for my pc and I can see all the maps and the features that it has. I am working on the wiring now, Im hooking it to one of those obd1-obd0 jumper harnesses, just so that I don't have to mess around with the vehicle harness, just make it plug and play. It's coming out really good so far but it is time consuming. but I still have no idea how to tune it, I may have to take it somewhere, like this place a couple states over from me (which I HATE doing since I have done everything else on my car by myself)

As far as the phantom grip thing, it's only about 125-150 depending on the website, so it's alot cheaper than the obx, but its not a "real" LSD, it;s an addon to your stock differential and it has springs and plates or something. Either way I was looking to see if anyone has tried it because I know it's been around for a few years. I'm kinda on a tight budget, but that's life.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted