Pic of Blown LS!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Its the longest geared of them all, they are all equal as far as durability. Everything's the same except gearing.

No turbo, no supercharger....... It kinda just did it. My motor ran really strong and it seemed to leak alot of oil and I would have to constantly add. So I'm guessing the bearings went dry and oiled, dried and oiled.(rep) and eventually wor the notch in the bearing to nothing. As for yall not liking the LS tranny.... well I can't do anything about it.($$$) The B16 will have an Intake, fuel reg, cat-back, and mugen chipped ECU(Vtec at 5000, no rev limiter, no redline, and a torquier fuel curve.) Hopefully I can push a 15.2-15.4 with the setup. All I really want to be able to hit is a 14.5 so the LS is really non of my concern. But your right I do need a new tranny.(synchros are gone.) So that's that. What do yall have to say about the install? I'm installing thursday so please give me some pointers. I have an awseome wiring diagram for VTec and knock sens and I know where they go in the ECU and where they go into the engine, but how do I pull the old Vtec, knock wires and clip from the jap harness?

What ever you do, do not get that chipped ecu. My motor blew in the same spot as yours (same thing with the oil) anyway i did the b16 swap thing, but the chipped ecu sucks balls. All it does is eat gas and hurt power. Just run a jdm pr3, save the money for a vafc and you will be much happier. And if you can robb, steal borrow the money for the for the tranny you will like that much better. As far as the swap its pertty straight forward. Im me on aol (thnkrlhrd) if you have any questions.

no man we are serious, Don't put that ECU in. It makes your motor run stupid rich, and stupid rich ruins the motor. Sell the chipped one on ebay and buy a regular ECU.

I will. But what do I do in the spare time I'm shipping the ECU? At least I didn't get the spoon chiped one. Well I'm going to put up a poll onwhether people like there chipped ECU's.

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Sep 30 2003, 06:59 PM
no redline

I don't really know what you mean by this. No car has a redline persy / limiter (that would be a rev limiter). It's just how much work you've done to the head to safley rev into the 10+ rpm range.

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Sep 30 2003, 08:29 PM
well obviously. I was just giving the advertised specs. with a stock B16 the redline is 8200 I believe

redline is at 7800, the limiter chips in at 8200......

redline is not where your engine fuel is cut off, it is the band where your engine is reving at "dangerous" level.

Back