Picked up my motor and...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
I went and picked up my new engine today and i swear, it was clean as hell!
82k, but looks like 20k! NOO oil leak or seep from ANYWHERE.
It is a b16a2 (yes, out of a 99 si) going into a 95 civ coupe...
I know i need to get a different rear bracket for the mount, and Del Sols are wayy too hard to come by here, is there any other bracket OTHER THAN a Del Sol bracket, that i can use for this swap?
Or do i need the rear bracket AND mount, and if so from what car?
Also, i used search for awhile, but got mixed results, on the following question:
Can i use the rest of my stock mounts from a 95 civic for the b16a2 swap (goin into a 95 civic)?
'I think i can, i think i can'...
If i can, then all i need is for that guy to ship me my damn harness already, and i can go pick up the axles anytime.
All help is appreciated.
Thanks guys :D

94-2000 integra mounts, but don't quote me on that, just somewhere to start looking, as you'll be using a b-series engine with a hydraulic clutch, and that is what the 94-00 integras use. Someone correct me it I am wrong.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Apr 19 2005, 03:38 AM
94-2000 integra mounts, but don't quote me on that, just somewhere to start looking, as you'll be using a b-series engine with a hydraulic clutch, and that is what the 94-00 integras use. Someone correct me it I am wrong.
[post=488600]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm glad none of my friend's can drive :lol: , i have access to free integra axles, and a rear integra mount bracket too, hopefully that will work. :unsure:
The more searching i do, the more i contradict myself.
The b16a2 shift linkage needs to be lengthened to fit into a 95 civ coupe?
(NOT DEL SOL)?
ahh jeez.
anyways, thanks for the reply mike.
;)

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Apr 19 2005, 03:49 AM
I'm glad none of my friend's can drive :lol: , i have access to free integra axles, and a rear integra mount bracket too, hopefully that will work. :unsure:
The more searching i do, the more i contradict myself.
The b16a2 shift linkage needs to be lengthened to fit into a 95 civ coupe?
(NOT DEL SOL)?
ahh jeez.
anyways, thanks for the reply mike.
;)
[post=488602]Quoted post[/post]​

dam lucky you, but for your shift linkage if it is 94-01 teg or 92-00 b series you don't have to do anything to it, it will bolt right up

ok that is what i wanted to hear, thanks, it is still attached to the engine actually lmao.
So looks like i am good to go.
If anyone would like to confirm i can use any integra 94-01 rear bracket, please do so. :)

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Apr 19 2005, 06:32 AM
ok that is what i wanted to hear, thanks, it is still attached to the engine actually lmao.
If anyone would like to confirm i can use any integra 94-01 rear bracket, please do so. :)
[post=488610]Quoted post[/post]​

confirmed

Originally posted by civiclxb16+Apr 19 2005, 06:40 AM-->
VTECin5th
@Apr 19 2005, 06:32 AM
If anyone would like to confirm i can use any integra 94-01 rear bracket, please do so.  :)
[post=488610]Quoted post[/post]​

confirmed
[post=488612]Quoted post[/post]​

:worthy:

by the way you said the linkage is still hooked up the the tranny? are you going to put your engine in from the bottom or from the top? if from the top sorry to tell you unless your civic is way up in the air but you are going to have to take the linkage off (i tried the lazy way and it didn't work that way)...lol

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Apr 19 2005, 06:56 AM
by the way you said the linkage is still hooked up the the tranny? are you going to put your engine in from the bottom or from the top? if from the top sorry to tell you unless your civic is way up in the air but you are going to have to take the linkage off (i tried the lazy way and it didn't work that way)...lol
[post=488617]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, yea top it is, i planned on poppin it out anyways, but i think ill try without , just so i can come back and tell ya i tried.
:lol: :lol:

For a 3rd confirmation I am using the 00si linkage and it fit perfect,and also a 95 teg rear bracket yes any 94-01 will fit.I had my car way up on some jackstands and dropping it out the bottom worked very well,slick actually.I also have both our helms if you need anything just pm.

If your wanting to know what brackets to use your gonna use stock 94-01 integra brackets but one on the rear and the one on the top of the tranny 96-00 civic they changed brackets and mounts your gonna have to change them to 94-01 integras trust me i know exactly what you need youll need the bracket that goes to the timing belt side and you can use the integras mount there on the rear one youll need a integra L bracket and use your mount on the top of the trany you can use integra there and the front brackets like the a/c and tranny you can use integra just gona have to use your studs integras look the same but wont work here or if you have the si front brackets you can use those on the shift linkage you can use 94-01 integra of you can use the si here they are the same part guys the del sols the only one that is diffrent it is to long and you can use 94-01 integra axles they will fit or you can use the si they are the same. As far as the wiring gonna have to use a 99-01 gsr harness it will plug into the shock tower becuse the si is one peace harness and will not work with your set up . hope this helps .

ya boy steveo

Steveo, just a little constructive critisism, try using commas and periods more often. Bad delivery makes good info hard to read.

And conformation number five on teh 94-00 Integra mounts, shiftlinkage, and axles.

thanks for all the info guys.
I only have access to the integra Rear bracket, the other brackets are gone already.. damn, i need to go find a 94 integra with an engine still in it at the Junkyard, and take the side bracket too now?
The drivers side bracket too?
thanks everyone who replied^

Back