Picking up the Sube!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
Sometime between today and Friday I should be picking the sube up :) They have it running and have drove it around a lil bit. I want them to be sure it will at least make it home for me before I get it, so I told him to drive it to and from work for a day or 2. Just waiting for the call to come get it now.....

Its been 7years since I drove this car....I cant fucking wait!!! :cool:

Are you tuning it when you get it back home? Just wondering why you would be scared it won't make it all the way home and I ready you said you like to tune yourself.

That thing is going to be a blast. I'm jealous. Lighter weight car with my same engine.

I forget did you actually do a turbo swap or not? A 16g in a 2.5rs would be hot. Good for autox and the strip.

he's scared cause they just completed the swap wiring and its a long ride home
just doesn't want anything to go wrong and the car to die

Cherry Hill, NJ....Its a bit of a trek :)

Im just nervous because of the wiring swap, it sitting for 7 years without moving and also anxious as hell. I drove my buddy's WRX last weekend (bolt-ons) and it was pretty quick. It was my first ride in a WRX actually. So comparing his WRX wagon to my 2 door coupe with a RS tranny......Should be QUITE fun :D

I plan on swapping turbo's out. I purchased a rotated mount GT30R kit, but it was backordered and I back out afterward. Kinda glad too....I think I want to go with a 18G. I have a Tactrix cable and the enginuity software that someone posted for me awhile back on here (thanks again). SO, I plan on tuning it myself after I drive it a bit first.

Cherry Hill, NJ....Its a bit of a trek :)

Im just nervous because of the wiring swap, it sitting for 7 years without moving and also anxious as hell. I drove my buddy's WRX last weekend (bolt-ons) and it was pretty quick. It was my first ride in a WRX actually. So comparing his WRX wagon to my 2 door coupe with a RS tranny......Should be QUITE fun :D

I plan on swapping turbo's out. I purchased a rotated mount GT30R kit, but it was backordered and I back out afterward. Kinda glad too....I think I want to go with a 18G. I have a Tactrix cable and the enginuity software that someone posted for me awhile back on here (thanks again). SO, I plan on tuning it myself after I drive it a bit first.

Cherry Hill is about half hour from down here when I'm at school. I didn't realize that you had that trip from stroudsburg to south jersey.

The RS tranny with shorter gearing should help keep a turbo spooled, but be careful with that thing.

In my opinion going to a gt30r or 35 is way too big for our 2.0L engines. I like the modified 16g's were a 18g compressor wheel because they make some awesome power numbers but also spool fast.

And I posted up the enginuity and tactrix cable. Thats cool that you're going to use that stuff. I hear people who are good with that are seeing better results because of slightly more aggressive tunes than the Cobb software.

Its alive!!! It runs great, the motor I bought had only 7K miles on it so it should really....A couple lil issues on the way back with dumb shit but considering everything with this car it really wasnt bad at all. I made the 150 miles trek from Rallispec to my house with 2 minor issues and the car sipped gas the whole way. I'm at 5/8 tank after the trip....Maybe Ill drive it to work thru the winter....it's AWD it makes sense :lol:

how many psi is it at? stock swap? What mods?

I would recommend a VF22 for that car... And maybe some meth... its a GREAT setup..

What year is your motor? Just wondering what the crossover is like...

I tuned my friend meghan's swapped 2.5rs, and its making 250whp on the TD04, and its a FUN car with the RS tranny...

Back