pics of my job (wind turbines)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea alot of tweekers out here try and still the copper cables from them

Meth heads around these parts go after the tower cranes on construction sites. That and man hole covers. But I am sure if we had wind farms here in Spocomton they would be all over that like flies on shit.

Hell yeah man preciate ya puttin some pics up, keep em comin!! I never coulda imagined they're so big.. Its like a damn office inside!! 220ft Thats I was thinking right about that from the pics, the highest point at the Power plant I worked at was 250.. so on an Everage day I was bout 220 feet up.. (Coal power plant) All kinds of pipes up top, I was doing subcontracting there.. repairs / sandblasting / painting etc.. So I was out on a limb literally.. got over that fear of heights REAL FAST lol.. to the point I said screw a harness.. Not supposed to go without, get fired over it.. but It really came in the way of my manouverability.. I was like a monkey in a tree up there.. Wasnt no way I'd fall.. everythings Seriously ealded down 3/4ths" thick steel.. I'd love a job like that man..

The entire skyline where I grew up is filled with wind turbines now. Shitty part is all of the power is sold to Florida and Cali. Do you guys have problems with people fucking with them? I am really surprised that the wind turbines around here have not been shot up by rednecks. Standing underneath those things really screw with your head. I would imagine being on top of one would be worse.

Man, Where in Florida are there wind turbines?? I'm in Mississippi, I figures those were all out on the west coast.. Tats one of those things I always wanted to see.. Most kids wanna go to 6 flags, and disneyworld.. Thats what I want to see! For Yeeears... If they're in Florida That'd be awesome.. But Florida's mostly Flat huh? Its the whole Artistic sceene with the mountaing in the background, desert Like atmosphere.. Crazyness.. Massive Marvles of ingenuity.. Shit Even to live in a lil ran down trailer in the middle of a huge site of wind turbines would kickass lol I wouldnt care what people had to say about it.. Just amazing to me..

Man, Where in Florida are there wind turbines?? I'm in Mississippi, I figures those were all out on the west coast.. Tats one of those things I always wanted to see.. Most kids wanna go to 6 flags, and disneyworld.. Thats what I want to see! For Yeeears... If they're in Florida That'd be awesome.. But Florida's mostly Flat huh? Its the whole Artistic sceene with the mountaing in the background, desert Like atmosphere.. Crazyness.. Massive Marvles of ingenuity.. Shit Even to live in a lil ran down trailer in the middle of a huge site of wind turbines would kickass lol I wouldnt care what people had to say about it.. Just amazing to me..

The power that the wind farm generates is sold to Florida. The actually wind farm is in Washington State a few miles from Hanford, WA.

They're now building wind farms here in the thumb of Michigan. Lots of flat farmland. If I'm not mistaken, the land owners get like 20 grand up front per turbine, and then like 3-5000 a year for 10 years or something like that. Not a bad way to make some extra money.

The new ones that my company are producing are alot bigger then the ones I posted in those pics, the ones in the pics produce 660 kw per hour and the new ones produce 3 megawatts per hour and are about 300 feet tall

very cool pics! We have a bunch of those in the Altamont Pass between Livermore and Tracy.

So you have an awesome job and an awesome chick ?

thats crazy. How do they sell energy from Washington to florida all the way across the states?

no they don't, there is only one grid and all the power goes to it. People just say that to make it seem like they aren't benefiting from the wind energy

no they don't, there is only one grid and all the power goes to it. People just say that to make it seem like they aren't benefiting from the wind energy

I say that because that block of energy that is supposed to be cheaper is not being passed on to the host state.

I say that because that block of energy that is supposed to be cheaper is not being passed on to the host state.

it all depends on your electric company, they can charge you whatever they want no matter what they pay for it.

l_32e0306ed5e016b14433b6931678afcc.jpg

FUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKK that!!!!

me and heights dont get along well

im sure the view from up there is amazing though

Thats sick. At my old job I was on a project where we developed a way to efficiently mold the blades from composites. The guy that did most of the design work came up with the advanced control systems that are on the newest mills.

The power that the wind farm generates is sold to Florida. The actually wind farm is in Washington State a few miles from Hanford, WA.

At the gorge you can you see them dotting all the hills across the columbia river. It's pretty sweet at sunset.

Back