1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pics of the hatch thats replacing the SRT4

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by CoreyR, May 22, 2005.

1. CoreyR

CoreyR Senior Member

bought a 92 hatch si on friday. the body is all fucked up they had a body kit on it and shit. thats all going in the trash after i run it over with my fullsize. the kid primered the whole car but didnt tape off the trim or windows so there was overspray on EVERYTHING. fucking ricers. anyways i paid $1200 for it and aside from the body it runs pretty good. on to the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HollowJDM

HollowJDM Senior Member

now, when you handed the guy the money did you smack him for spraying apc on it too? *sigh* mabe its just me, but jdm amber's have a way of makeing anything grab my attention for some reason. call me strange i guess. good car for a prject start, cant go wrong with a hb. :shiny:

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

$1200 for THAT?
    im sorry man but you got ass raped on that deal
    maybe its not as bad in person, but in the pics that thing looks like crap

4. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

Nooo it isn't just you... :withstupid:

5. CoreyR

CoreyR Senior Member

actually we sprayed the APC shit on it.

yeah it looks worse in the pictures, we washed the interior and shit and the interior looks like new. the car needs some new bumper covers, hood (carbon fiber) and fenders and to be painted and it will be mint.

6. sireg

sireg Senior Member

actuallyhis car cost about what your gonna spend to fix the rear of yours. :p

i speayed apc on the side and dale sprayed a penis on the other side. the paint need to be striped off anyway

7. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Holy crap man, you'll drive anything !

-> S

8. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

why not just keep the SRT-4? is it really that bad?

9. Lantis

Lantis Senior Member

besides having an ugly body kit, and absolutely no brains when it comes to painting, it looks in decent enough condition.

10. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

11. CoreyR

CoreyR Senior Member

no i just dont want a payment anymore, and its cheaper to build a honda than an SRT.

12. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

ehh, who cares what other people think. its a perfect project car.

and for the record, i scored E a new bumper for 120 :)

13. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

:blink:

As someone who's owned both a built Honda and a factory turboed car, this seems very strange to me.

I think of how much money I sunk into that Honda, and how much I've put into my Subie, and there's no comparison. I mean, I understand that you've got a monthly payment with the SRT-4, so maybe that's what held you back.

But I don't think I can ever go back to a Honda, unless it's got the engine in the trunk. :D

14. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

hmmm, good project. just dont roll, flip or burn it.

15. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

It looks like it might have the herpes.

16. CoreyR

CoreyR Senior Member

the fact that its factory turboed doesnt mean much. yeah the motor is capable of 500HP without removing the valve cover but besides that you need to buy all the same stuff as a honda to go faster.

A bigger turbo kit, and you cant just buy a turbo and bolt it on you need a full kit (turbo, mani, lines, DP, intake), a whole new fuel system, fuel management. how about exhaust which cost me $900 for a 3" turboback or an intercooler that was $620 in a group buy, which are all parts that HAVE to be upgraded on the car to make any power. parts are bigtime money for the car. a honda in the end is cheaper to build and will be faster for the money. to build an 11 second SRT your looking at 6-7K easy. you can do that with a honda price of car included.

but really i just dont want a payment anymore, getting rid of the neon will save me $440 a month.

17. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Maybe that's the difference between the SRT-4 and Subies/Mitsu's, then. There are plenty of companies out there that make bolt-in turbo upgrades for a subie, so that all you need to do is get some bigger injectors (sometimes) and a tune to fit it.

Thinking about it, I do remember now that Dodge fucked the aftermarket tuner by integrating the mani and wastegate (was that it), so that if you wanted to upgrade, you were pretty much screwed. I'm beginning to see your pain now.

Originally, I was just thinking that, when I got my WRX (not STi), I spent $1000 for about 80 horses to the flywheel. That's something you can't do to a Honda until you've spent the time and effort to turbo it in the first place.

18. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Gotta love Hondas - or any economy cars, really. SO much money for so few horsepower.

My Ford engine will probably make around 300-325 at the wheels, and that's only with a seafoam treatment, exhaust, Holley 780 and Weiand intake manifold... All together, probably 1200 including the 500 bucks for the engine and trans.

19. CoreyR

CoreyR Senior Member

the turbine housing and the manifold are all one cast, its impossible to seperate them. so you need a full kit just like any other car. the factory BOV is also casted into the compressor housing so getting an aftermarket BOV requires a hard pipe which runs around $140 plus the cost of the BOV. stupid setup if you ask me.

20. CoreyR

CoreyR Senior Member

good for you.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted