Pics of the rex I'm buying today. (13 pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Andrew

1988 CRX hf!!
144k, purr's fine as you can see in the **VIDEO**

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

engine.jpg

$800.
50mpg.... i'ma love it..

62 hp @ 4,500 rpms
90 ft.lbs @ 2,000 rpms
:p yeah baby!! :p

-Andrew

pull up the carpet by the drivers seat and see if the rott is bad, and pull a few of the fuzes and see if they have corrosion on them...if they do...then good luck getting a clean title for it, cuz it's prolly a flooded vehical from somewhere...try to run the vin on that vin thingy to see what the prior history of the car is.

other than that...it looks like a lot of work ahead of you if you plan to fix it up.

Well the guy said he's had it for a while, but idk if he got it from a place down in LA or w/e. he IS Mexican, so it's possible he got it for real cheap somewhere.. (and sorry for the stereotype, but he had like 10 cars in his yard.........) I was kinda suprised to see the gauge cluster filled with moisture though..

Anyway. I don't think it's been flooded, but I'll definatly check out the stuff under the carpet. see if theres any rot and mold etc. maybe the cars just from the north where it snows?

thanks for bringin that to my attention though jockie.
-Andrew

what threw me on that was the pic of the gauge cluster....and the broken taillight. The Z I just got sat outside with no drivers window all fall, winter and spring...and there is nothing on the dash...if there is something on the dash, then more than likely its flooded. Just walk away....if you see any signs.

that car has sars. all that rust and shit. it will cost another $1000 for paint and rust repair, unless you can do it yourself. that would make it over $2000 including tax. you can find a clean crx for that price if you shop around. low ball the hell out of him. if he has 10 cars. he'll let it go for $400. not a penny more.

Yeah, honda pannels are thin. Rust becomes holes..

That rear rust is a pain in the ass to fix, fenders are easy as hell, hood too.. But why do all that paint and repair and spend the $$$ when you could just buy a clean one?

If you're looking for a project car, have at it, but a daily driver? I'd keep shopping.

And yeah, offer him $400 and go from there. Probably pick it up for 6ish.

Well, I already have my daily driver-

I'm just looking for an HF to put around with... not invest tons of money into it.
I'm just planning on cleaning it up, getting a cheap paint job(maaco special or something... i have a few painter friends), and calling it a day.

i'll do some semi-curing and some preventative maintanence on the rust spots, but i'm not looking for a show car out of it.

I am curious though about the gauge cluster.
I'll look in some different places when i go out there.

weird, my freinds old 86 hatch had that same shit all over the inside of his gauge cluster, no flood victim there.... god i hated that car..

Andrew said:
Well the guy said he's had it for a while, but idk if he got it from a place down in LA or w/e. he IS Mexican, so it's possible he got it for real cheap somewhere.. (and sorry for the stereotype, but he had like 10 cars in his yard.........) I was kinda suprised to see the gauge cluster filled with moisture though..

Anyway. I don't think it's been flooded, but I'll definatly check out the stuff under the carpet. see if theres any rot and mold etc. maybe the cars just from the north where it snows?

thanks for bringin that to my attention though jockie.
-Andrew

i beg your pardon:mellow: he is Salvadorian. anyway i see you actually got it. bastard told me 1000 and wouldnt budge. ohh well. good luck with the ride. I f was hoping it would be a little cleaner than that. though. if you need fenders i gots them.:rolleyes: no rust or nothing. call me if you want them. they belong to the guys son,Jose.

I actually have yet to buy it. my truck hasn't sold yet, so i don't have the cash...:( My brother in Low really wants the thing, so maybe he can figure something out.

sorry 'bout the stereotype... but you know how some hispanic people love buy and resell cars, etc..... and he did say he bought it at an auction.

we'll see if i can get it. i kinda have mixed feelings about it, but man... thats a decent deal for a good running HF. I'd love to 'save another one'..

again. we'll see.
-Andrew

hey what did you do with your old motor? i might need it if you still have it;)

Still have it. I'm actually trying to sell it.

PM'ing you shortly with details/history of the motor.
-Andrew

Back