pics of your auto p28 to manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bibicarlos

i am looking for pics of people who changed their auto p28 ecu to manual. i have an auto ecu and i want to change it to manual. i know i have to remove the rp17 and rp18 then attach another wire to rp18 sounds easy but i don't want to screw anything up so that's why i want a pic. thanks

There is another thread going on about this right now. Its in there. Not much to take pix of though, remove 2 resistors and solder in a jumper wire.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Jan 13 2005, 01:49 AM
There is another thread going on about this right now. Its in there. Not much to take pix of though, remove 2 resistors and solder in a jumper wire.
[post=444994]Quoted post[/post]​

do you noe what the tread is called?

ecub4desolder.jpg

this picture shows an ecu that was a manual from the factory, but you'll be able to get the idea, i don't have any pics of any actually converted ones. basically, in this pic, the little resistor looking thing at rp18 is actually a jumper with no resistance. on an auto ecu, there will be on of those at rp17 (most of the time), and one that looks like it but different colors at rp18 (this one actually is a resistor on auto ecu's). to make a long story short with as little confusion as possible, desolder rp17 and rp18 (4 holes in total), then leave rp17 empty, and solder in a regular jumper at rp18 and you're good to go. once you have done this, you are finished, but if you want to go a step further, you can remove the 5 pin high side switches at ic15 and ic16 found on auto ecu's, and sell them for a couple bucks, you no longer need them, and some people (like myself) use them for other ecu conversions such as vtec and iab's.

ok dumb question what is a jumper? i was told to just solder a peice of wire in the rp18 spot. is that right or is that what you mean by jumper

Originally posted by bibicarlos@Jan 13 2005, 05:54 PM
ok dumb question what is a jumper? i was told to just solder a peice of wire in the rp18 spot. is that right or is that what you mean by jumper
[post=445287]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes

is it really that easy to switch from auto to manuel just by takin off 2 resistors and puttin a jumper in place of the rp18?

yep, simple shit.
I was wondering the same thing, but wasn't sure if i needed a jumper (paper clip) or a resistor.

uhhmm i got a problem, when i did this with my friend on my last p75 ecu it didn't look like this.

This is an auto pr4, the resistor is already there and rp17 removed. What do I do?

Why do you bump threads that are two posts from the top of the page? If you have to have someone hold your hand to convert an auto to manual, are you sure you feel comfortable doing it? Check out www.pgmfi.org and read the Library.....alot....

no it wasn't on the front page anymore.

Also, I never did it on the pr4 and it's completely different, so I need help.

Pgmfi.org doesn't show how to do it on the PR4, actually no sites tell me how to do it on a PR4, every site is showing me how to do it on a p28, it's different.

Originally posted by projekteg+Jan 13 2005, 01:50 PM-->
there will be on of those at rp17 (most of the time),and one that looks like it but different colors at rp18 (this one actually is a resistor on auto ecu's).
[post=445140]Quoted post[/post]​

92civicb18b1
@Jan 13 2005, 08:50 PM
This is an auto pr4, the resistor is already there and rp17 removed. What do I do?
[post=445344]Quoted post[/post]​

there aren't always jumpers at rp17 on auto ecu's, that just makes it even one step easier. desolder rp18 (resistor), and solder in a jumper wire. you're done, you now have a manual ecu. the jumpers that are used on the ecu look like resistors, but if you notice the color, they are brown with a darker brown stripe in the middle, these are just fancy jumper wires. you actually have a resistor at rp18, so replace it with a jumper wire. almost all obd1 civic and itegra ecu boards are pretty much identical.

thanks, i'll replace it but it's a jumper already. It is in fact brown with a brown stripe. I'll change it and see what happens. I got a real shitty picture, no one will be able to make it out, but I'll post it up anyway.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 14 2005, 09:44 AM
thanks, i'll replace it but it's a jumper already. It is in fact brown with a brown stripe. I'll change it and see what happens. I got a real shitty picture, no one will be able to make it out, but I'll post it up anyway.
[post=445534]Quoted post[/post]​

are you sure it was an auto ecu?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 13 2005, 07:19 PM
yep, simple shit.
I was wondering the same thing, but wasn't sure if i needed a jumper (paper clip) or a resistor.
[post=445333]Quoted post[/post]​

so you are saying don't use a paper clip? use a thin wire instead? i did that and now the ecu doesn't work at all thank god it was a ecu that i found at a junk yard that i just needed the case

Back