Pictures from today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have 5 new mc crash losses last week alone. 2 of those where the rider's first time on the bike. One was a Suzuki something 700cc+ sport bike. It wasn't the rider's fault though... He assured me he had 5-6 yrs experience on a 250 dirt bike. It was mechanical failure----yeah, right

Another was a brand new '04 Harley FDXL with less than 100 miles on the odo
indexk.jpg

Guy left the dealership and he and a friend headed straight to a hilly, twisty stretch of road. A few miles later the bike was dead and he was pretty screwed up.

The other three were because someone else didn't see the bike and pulled out...one of those guys is still in ICU on life support. Another doesn't have a left leg below the knee or any skin 1/2 way up his thigh plus a few other fractures that are kinda inconsequential to the lost tib-fib.

happy riding! :blink:

Originally posted by Vtec Andy.....@May 25 2004, 10:04 PM
Gsxr-750 is a fine bike to learn on. i learned on that bike was a great experance

Well thats just peachy that you managed to do fine I have a few friends who started out on 600s 750s and 1000s

some have had no problems at all!

however some have droped the bikes "2-3K lose of money due to less resale and having to replace parts

others have totaled their bikes

our pepsi driver for our work area "annapolis" has a ZX12R he just laid it down and spent 2400 dollars fixing the parts AT COST with no labor charges if he did not hvae a hook up it would have been well over 5K worth of damange

so go ahead buy a newer bike that chances are will hurt or kill you and if not hurt your wallet

go on have fun I have no idea why I try to talk sence into people on this board but hey whatever if joe blow over here had no problem riding a 750 to start with then so be it go out there and buy it

BTW If you crash your bike and have insruance pick up the bill "fuill coverage" chances are you will be droped both bike and car

Good tips jeffie. I think people want the bigger bikes cuz they're mad tite fast y0! What abou one of those small buells? Any good?

The difference between a CBR F4I and a CBR RR?? Is the RR lighter(sp?)??
And would a F4I be faster then a GSXR750 because of the weight??

to my understanding the GSXR is a better handling bike... is it not?

Originally posted by driverunknown@May 26 2004, 10:49 PM
Good tips jeffie. I think people want the bigger bikes cuz they're mad tite fast y0! What abou one of those small buells? Any good?

The small buell blast IMO are cheap little bitch bikes I would never be cought dead on one

as far as the RR VS F4i the RR has about 300 more RPM F4i goes to 14700 the RR I believe goes to 15K

the RR is a tad bit lighter and makes more top end power side by side the F4i will run the 1/4 mile faster but the RR has a better top end

very close bikes BTW the RR has a MUCH harder seat

as far as the GSXR handling better then the F4i..... Who told you that? on what grounds?

I bet if you had a 2004 GSX-R 750 I could kick your ass left and right on a race track using a Ninja 550 that has like half the power!!!!! It's all in the rider

If you want to know about handling read up on the shootouts Hondas tend to be the BEST bike handling wise straight off the show room floor I've seen most reviewers running the fastest lay times on STOCK NONE CHANGED hondas faster then the Kaws, Suz, and Yams however all new bikes are fully tunable and after dialing in the other makes they tend to be faster track bikes then the honda

so is the GSX-R better then the honda? all in whos riding it as with how you have it setup since its fully tunable straight from the factory I would pick a honda hands down but if you set the bike up for track use dialing in the bike to fit your needs/body then I would pick another make

however when it comes to street use WHO GIVES A FUCK get the bike that feels the best for you to sit on you do not want an all out race bike for the street you want a well rounded all around great bike

Hondas have been hands down the best "steet" bikes thanks to being a well rounded bike the Suzuki/yamahas tend to be a much harsher ride as with one reviewer talking about the Suzuki GSXR600 he said after 10K RPM the motor vibrated VERY bad and sounded like it was going to blow up however they've never had a GSXR motor blow on them it just SEEMS like its going to blow due to the rudeness of the motor

the hondas have always been called smooth as butter I can rev my bike to 14K RPM and it feels GREAT very smooth and has a great power curve

Just remember some of the fastest times recored on race tracks are from 250cc bikes

anyone under 220lbs who thinks a 600cc bike is not powerful enough for street use is crazy

only plus side I could see to the 750 is having more torque down low for city riding however when you're playing around on a bike you never let the RPMS drop below 10K so other then city driving who cares about the extra tad bit of torque

Jeffie knows what hes talking about, i thought about gettin a bike, but then i decided that i like being alive more. i know i would do something stupid on a bike, and even if you take it slow you never know whats gonna happen.

i had a good friend of mine who is in his mid 40s and been ridin harleys for 20+ years get hit by a car while pullin out of a gas station, took him 6 months to get back to walking withouth crutches. and over a year to get off the cane.

i would much rather get a car, with a SCCA legal cage and DOT approved harnesses, then a bike.

plus if youve ever been on a streetbike, you know it tells you above 8K revs that it doesnt want you to be there anymore.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@May 26 2004, 11:23 PM

plus if youve ever been on a streetbike, you know it tells you above 8K revs that it doesnt want you to be there anymore.

HUH? I ride my cbr like every day... It loves to be above 8k, that's it's sweet spot. Anything below that, it's pointless.

Back